Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Nephrology (333733)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital treats all forms of acute renal failure and performs interdisciplinary treatment within the surgical department and intensive care unit of the hospital. For patients with chronic renal failure, all methods of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are offered here. The department annually treats 1200 patients and conducts 7000 dialysis procedures per year. The head of the department is Dr. Süha Dasdelen.
In cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery, optimal preparation for stenting and direct stenting is performed. Specialists of the department help to conduct home dialysis (for example, peritoneal) and provide assistance to many patients in case of complications. Kidney transplantation is carried out in cooperation with the Transplantation Centers of the Charité Hospital.
During advanced training courses, diagnostic and curative programs are developed for patients with kidney diseases. Particular attention is paid to the prevention of other diseases for people with diabetes, hypertension and acquired kidney disease. It should be noted that the Department of Nephrology is part of the Center for the Treatment of Vascular Diseases Vivantes Nord, where doctors with specialization in vascular medicine work.
The main directions of treatment of the Department of Nephrology:
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- Treatment of acute and chronic renal failure (peritoneal dialysis in collaboration with the Vivantes Am Friedrichshain Hospital)
- Treatment of complications after kidney transplantation
- Intensive therapy for patients with renal insufficiency and intoxication (in collaboration with the surgical/conservative intensive care unit)
- Plasma segregation in renal, hematological and neurological clinical pictures
- Treatment of complications in patients on dialysis and after kidney transplantation
- Diagnosis and treatment of regulation violations of water-salt metabolism
- Diagnosis and treatment of metabolic disorders in the bones and diseases of the parathyroid glands
- Treatment of complications of diabetes affecting the kidneys
- Surgical interventions on the kidneys (installation of temporary and permanent tunneled dialysis catheters)
- Vascular surgery (in cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery and the Institute of Radiology and Interventional Therapy)
- Observation of pregnancy complications affecting the kidneys
Diagnostic services of the department:
- Percutaneous renal biopsy (controlled by ultrasound or CT)
- Biopsy of the iliac crest
- Ultrasonic sonography of the abdominal cavity organs, retroperitoneal space and cervical region, including parathyroid glands
- Color duplex scanning of kidneys, transplanted kidneys and kidney vessels
- Urinalysis, including qualitative assessment of urine sediment
- Immunological special diagnostics of autoimmune diseases (in cooperation with the Berlin laboratory)
- 1996 - 2002 Degree in Human Medicine
- 2003 - 2006 Junior Doctor at the Philipps University of Marburg at the Centre of Internal Medicine, specialising in nephrology
- 2006 - 2009 Junior Doctor at HELIOS Hospital Wuppertal
- 2009 - 2011 Specialist training in nephrology, HELIOS Hospital Wuppertal, Department of Nephrology
- 2011 - 2015 Consultant of Internal Medicine and Nephrology, HELIOS Hospital Wuppertal, Department of Nephrology
- 2015 - 2017 Medical Director of Medical Clinic 1 HELIOS Hospital Wuppertal, Department of Nephrology
- Since 2018 Director, Department of Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Vivantes Humboldt Hospital, Berlin
- German Association of Internal Medicine (DGIM)
- German Association of Nephrology (DGFN)
- International Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- European Renal Association
- European Dialysis and Transplant Association
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Nephrology.
Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.