Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Neurology with a Treatment Center of Acute Disorders of Cerebral Circulation and Epilepsy (333736)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology with a Treatment Center of Acute Disorders of Cerebral Circulation and Epilepsy at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital treats the entire spectrum of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system and also treats strokes and epilepsy. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. Bettina Schmitz.
The department has a qualified team of doctors, nurses and therapists who provide optimal medical care that meets modern medical standards.
The Center for the treatment of Epilepsy, which is part of the Department of Neurology, regularly consults and educates patients about the prevention of pathology.
The Department of Neurology specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of such diseases:
- Parkinson's disease and movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Damage of nerve roots and pain syndromes caused by diseases of the intervertebral discs
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system and musculature
- Brain tumors
- Continuous-wave Doppler and Color Duplex Sonography
- Transcranial Doppler and Transcranial Duplex Sonography
- Long-term video EEG monitoring
- Evoked potentials (MVP, WUA, ZPV, SVP)
- Lumbar (spinal) puncture
- Neuropsychology (research on dementia, epilepsy, etc.)
- CT, MRI, digital subtraction angiography, SPECT
- Studies of swallowing
- Lysis therapy, monitoring and thrombectomy, for example, for patients after a stroke
- Complex treatment of epilepsy
- Impulse therapy with cortisone, for example, for patients with multiple sclerosis
- Immunomodulatory therapy for the treatment of rare diseases, as well as diseases of the peripheral nervous system, for example, multifocal motor neuropathy
- 1979 - 1981 Medical qualification at the Ruhr University Bochum and Free University Berlin, Germany.
- 1989 Medical Degree.
- 1991 - 1996 Neurological training at Charité, Humboldt University Berlin-Germany and at the Hospital for Nervous Diseases, Queen Square London, UK.
- 1997 Doctor grade (Ph.D).
- 1997 - 2008 Senior physician at the neurological clinic and polyclinic, Campus Virchow Klinikum.
- 2002 - 2003 Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Neurology, London, UK.
- 2005 Professor in Neurology.
- Since 2008 Director of the Department of Neurology at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital, Berlin, Germany.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Neurology with a Treatment Center of Acute Disorders of Cerebral Circulation and Epilepsy.
Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.