Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Trauma Surgery and Orthopedics (333742)
Specialized in: traumatology, orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Trauma Surgery and Orthopedics at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital specializes in joint-preserving and reconstructive surgery of the whole musculoskeletal system, treatment of sports injuries received while practicing amateur or professional sports.The department is headed by Dr. Karsten Labs.
Also, doctors of the department perform treatment of serious injuries, for example, bone fractures or injuries of the soft tissues of the extremities, pelvis and spine caused by common injuries or injuries in the workplace.
The goal of all specialists of the department is to restore patient's health and mobility as soon as possible. To do this, the department employs highly qualified doctors who work closely together. Well-coordinated work of paramedical personnel, physiotherapists and doctors ensures competent medical care in accordance with the individual needs of the patient.
The department provides treatment for such clinical pictures:
- Damage to ligaments
- Damage to the tendon
- Soft tissue damage
- Compartment syndrome (compression syndrome)
- Delayed healing of fractures
- Deformations after fractures
- Infections of bones (osteitis, osteomyelitis)
- Infections of soft tissues
The range of medical services of the Department of Trauma Surgery and Orthopedics covers:
- Treatment of injuries of the highest severity (polytrauma)
- Treatment of fractures in all segments of the skeleton
- Treatment of spinal injuries (in cooperation with the Department of Back Treatment)
- Endoprosthetics for hip fractures (in cooperation with the Department of Endoprosthesis)
- Arthroscopic surgery, incl. various interventions for cartilage transplantation
- Cross-linked operations
- Surgical treatment of complex knee injuries
- Endoprosthetics of the shoulder and elbow joint in severe fractures (in cooperation with the Department of Shoulder Surgery / Elbow Surgery)
- Reconstructive and conservative surgery after trauma, non-healing wounds, inflammation or tumors in all parts of the skeleton
- Treatment of injuries in the elderly (in close cooperation with the Geriatric Department)
- Surgical treatment of acute infections of soft tissues, bones and joints
- 1985 - 1991 The study of medicine at the Berlin University. Humboldt, Charite.
- 1991 Department of Traumatology, Oskar-Ziethen Krankenhaus Clinic, Lichtenberg.
- 1992 - 1997 Department of Orthopedics, Charité University Hospital, Berlin.
- 2005 Assignment of additional specialization in the field of sports medicine.
- 2006 Assignment of the title of specialist in orthopedics and traumatology.
- 1998 - 2004 Senior physician at the Department of Orthopedics at the Charité Hospital, Subdivision of Shoulder and Knee Surgery and Sports Orthopedics.
- 2004 - 2005 Chief physician of the Center for Orthopedics and Traumatology, City Clinic of Brandenburg-on-Hafele.
- 2005 - 2016 Chief Physician of the Orthopedics Department at the Asklepios Birkenwerder Hospital.
- Since 2017, the head physician of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, head of the Department of Surgery for the Restoration of Mobility, the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital.
- Leading physician-orthopedist of the Olympic base of Berlin.
- Certified doctor of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB).
- Doctor-consultant of the national track and field team.
- Doctor Cycling Team KED-STEVENS Berlin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Trauma Surgery and Orthopedics.
Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.