Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (332612)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics offers competent medical care to girls from the age of puberty and to elderly women for treatment of gynecological diseases. The department provides counseling and assistance on such sensitive issues as menstruation, contraception, infertility, pregnancy or menopause. A particularly important direction of the department is diagnosis and treatment of malignant diseases of female reproductive organs and breast cancer. The head of the department Dr.
Throughout the course of treatment, the employees of the department take care of the emotional and mental health of the patients. This is of particular importance for the successful treatment of oncological diseases. The department also conducts plastic surgery to remove cosmetic defects after the oncological diseases.
Doctors of the department take an active part in scientific research, so they are always aware of all the latest achievements in the field of medicine. There is collaboration within the Kommission Ovar of the Gynecological Oncology Society (AGO), participation in a study of various cancers in women, for example, the current studies of the AGO and the Ontologic Center Mitte on the Vivantes Hospital Network (certified by the German Society of Hematology and Oncology). The department also regularly participates in interdisciplinary oncology conferences. Since March 2013 it also takes part in online conferences on ovarian tumors in collaboration with the Charité Hospital.
A separate direction of the department is obstetrics. All services in the field of obstetrics are family oriented. Doctors take into account the individual wishes of a pregnant woman - from choosing the place of birth and finishing in postnatal care, breastfeeding. The department has 16 beds for women in childbirth, all rooms have been modernized in 2016. To ensure the highest quality services, medical equipment is constantly being updated here.
The spectrum of medical services of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics includes:
- Scraping of the uterus (curettage) for the treatment of endometrium or bleeding of unknown origin
- Cone-shaped surgical excision of abnormal cervical tissues (conization)
- Laparoscopy for diseases of the fallopian tubes and ovaries (eg, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts), with adhesions in the abdominal cavity, diagnosis of fertility, sterilization
- Organ-preserving treatment of uterine fibroids and endometrial diseases (endometriosis)
- Removal of the uterus, if possible with a laparoscopic method, or through the vagina (total laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic hemispherical hysterectomy, partial laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy)
- Laser treatment, eg, treatment of genital warts (genital warts)
Urination problems and urinary incontinence
- Surgery on the uterus and vagina for urinary disorders (laparoscopic hysterosacropexy and colposacropexy)
- Fixing the stump of the vagina to the ligaments of the sacrum through the vagina, provided that the uterus has been previously removed (the Amrayich-Richter surgery)
- Positioning of a free synthetic loop under the urethra (TVT)
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant tumors of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina and labia, including removal of lymph nodes
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant tumors of the breast
- Chemotherapy before and after surgery (neoadjuvant / adjuvant)
Reconstruction of changes after breast cancer surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Correction of asymmetry of the female breast
- Prenatal care
- Postpartum care
- Acupuncture as an auxiliary therapy, for example, with nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy, pelvic pain, dysfunction of the bladder
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes - Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.