Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin
Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics (332614)
Specialized in: orthopedics, trauma surgery
About the department
The Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics at the Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital offers treatment of the whole spectrum of injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Being the Endoprosthesis Center (EndoProthetikZentrum), the department primarily specializes in prosthetics of the hip and knee joint. Modern, sparing surgical techniques and endoprosthetics techniques are used here to preserve bone. In addition, the department has an excellent reputation in the field of auditory endoprosthetics. The head of the department is Dr. Olaf Meyer. He made a great contribution into the development of modern hip joint endoprosthesis and has more than a decade of experience in the field of arthroplasty of the hip joint. Thanks to the colossal experience of the doctor, he is constantly invited to speak at national and international medical conferences.
Since 2014, the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics has been certified as the Endoprosthesis Center (EndoProthetikZentrum), specializing in endoprosthetics of the hip joint, and since 2016 also in the knee joint.
The department employs highly qualified professionals whose goal is to provide competent medical care, create a friendly atmosphere, show understanding in the treatment of patients of any age, and above all to ensure the rapid restoration of mobility, removal of pain and a return to the normal everyday life.
The department offers such medical services:
- Endoprosthetics and revision endoprosthetics of the hip, knee, wrist, ankle and shoulder joint
- Treatment of hip and pelvis fractures, as well as developmental defects of the hip joint
- Injuries of the cruciate ligament and of the meniscus
- Foot surgery
- Surgery of the hand, incl. treatment of infections and hand wounds
- Shoulder surgeries
- Injuries of the elderly and early rehabilitation after trauma
- Studied Medicine in Charite (Berlin).
- Internship in Surgery / Direction - Traumatology.
- Head physician at DRK Köpenick Clinic.
- Specialization in the field of endoprosthetics, including in the field of superficial joint replacement.
- Since 2013, the head physician of the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics at the Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital.
- Since 2014, the director of the Center for Endoprosthetics of the Kaulsdorf Hospital (EndoProthetikZentrum Kaulsdorf).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes - Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics.
Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.