Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin
Department of Radiology and Interventional Therapy (332615)
Specialized in: radiology, interventional therapy
About the Department of Radiology and Interventional Therapy at Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin
The Department of Radiology and Interventional Therapy at the Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital provides diagnostic and therapeutic services for diseases of blood vessels, tumors and pain syndromes. Interventional radiology is a relatively new direction in medicine, however, its methods help doctors pinpoint the focus of the disease and cure it. The specialists of the department work in close cooperation with anaesthesiologists, surgeons and internal medicine doctors, which ensures interdisciplinary, effective treatment and diagnostics. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. Joachim Wagner.
Visualization technologies have become a breakthrough in the field of diagnostics. Initially, X-ray radiography based on X-rays, discovered by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, was used in diagnostics, but modern diagnostics offers many new options: X-ray computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound and angiography.
The advantages of the minimally invasive therapy for the patients of the department are obvious: gentle treatment, which ensures rapid recovery after the intervention and small incisions which bring less pain.
The range of medical services of the department covers:
- Digital projection radiography of all body parts (Agfa Speicherfolien-System)
- Contrast studies of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagography, enterocolitis of the small intestine)
- Visualization of fistulas
- Abdominal organs
Computed tomography and multisubmarine CT of the latest generation
- Classical diagnosis of all areas of the body (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Specialized studies, eg, perfusion CT, CT-Colonography, CT Sellink, CT angiography
- Interventions under the CT control, for example, histological examination of all areas of the body, puncture and drainage, pain therapy (periradicular therapy, blockade of the facet joints, sclerotherapy)
- Magnetic resonance imaging of all parts of the body
- CT scan of the heart
Vascular interventional therapy
- Angioplasty / stenting of all vessels (eg, carotid artery, pelvis, etc.)
- Treatment of aneurysms (cerebral vascular aneurysm, thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta)
- Embolization of vascular malformations (intra- and extracranial)
- Embolization in preparation for surgery (embolization of the portal vein, tumor evacuation)
- Local ablative tumor therapy, eg chemoembolization (TACE) and radioembolisation (SIRT)
- Interventions on the gastrointestinal tract (TIPSS)
Nonvascular interventional therapy
- Local ablative tumor therapy (PEI, RFA)
- Stenting (esophagus, stomach, duodenum, rectum)
- Interventions on the bile duct (PTCD + stents)
- Installation of nutrient probes (gastrostomy, jejunostomy)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes - Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Radiology and Interventional Therapy.
Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.