Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital Berlin
location_on Berlin, Germany
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics ( 333727)
Specialized in: psychiatry, psychotherapy, psychosomatics
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 2000 Total approbation.
- 2001 Doctoral Thesis, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Hospital, Mitte campus (Prof. Webbelhak / Dr. Surfling).
- 2007 Specialist of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy.
- 2007 MBA for Health System Managers.
- Additional qualifications (optional).
- 2003 Studied autogenesis, Jacobson relaxation.
- 2002 - 2006 Training in the specialty of a doctor-psychotherapist (behavioral therapy), German Institute for Behavioral Therapy (Institut für Verhaltenstherapie GmbH).
- 2004 Clinical hypnosis.
- 2004 - 2005 Fundamentals of Clinical Studies (Certified Research Physician), Special Course KKS Charité, Head of Research / Research Coordinator, KKS Charité 2008 EFQM Assessor.
- 2009 - 2011 Training course for the title of certified therapist DBT (AWP, private-assistant professor, doctor, K. Stiglmayer).
- 2012 Training of emotional competence through psychotherapeutic methods (Professor M. Berking).
- 2014-2016 Training in the specialty "Therapist", CBASP, (Berlin Psychological College, Professor E.-L. Brackemayer) and creation of the CBASP system.
Hospital and research activities
- 1999 - 2000 Internship in the Department of Psychiatry, Free University of Berlin, Campus Eschenallee (Professor Müller-Oringhauzen) and the Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of the University Charité (Professor Roots), worked in the Department of Psychiatry, Free University of Berlin, campus Eschenallee (Professor Helmhen), financing of BMBF.
- 2000-2001 Assistant Doctor of the Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Zurich (Professor Ressler), Switzerland, Doctor of Medicine K. Richter, MBA.
- 2000-2001 Assistant Doctor, Department of Neurology, Brandenburg Clinic (Professor Bamborshke), Bernau.
- 2002 - 2007 Assistant Doctor of the Department of Psychiatry, Charité University Clinic, St. Hedwig Hospital (Professor Heinz).
- 2003 - 2013 Consultant Physician, Union of Social Institutions (USE gGmbH), Berlin.
- 2004 - 2005 Researcher, (50%) of the Clinical Research Coordination Center (CCS) of the Charite Hospital(BMBF funding), the Virchow Campus (Professor Wiedemann).
- 2007 - 2008 Chief Physician of the addiction subdivision, Department of Psychiatry, Charité University Hospital, St. Hedwig Hospital(Professor Heinz).
- 2008-2012 Chief Physician (subdivision of General Psychiatry, day hospital, specializing in psychotherapy), Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatic / Gerontological Psychiatry in the Vivantes Wenckebach Hospital (Dr. B. Shtaynaher), since 2009 a freelance scientist in the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charité, Campus Mitte (Professor Heinz).
- 2012 - 2016 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Chief Physician, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics / Gerontopsychiatry, Vivantes Wenckebach Hospital (Dr. B. Steinacher).
- Since 2017 Head Physician of the Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics.
Prizes and awards
- 2003 Innovation Award of the Year, Department of Psychiatry, Charité University Hospital, St. Hedwig Hospital.
- 2004 Honorary Prize of the 17th Congress of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology; Stockholm (co-author).
- 2011 Innovation Award of the Year, network of Vivantes hospitals.
- 2012 Honorary Prize, 13th Interdisciplinary Congress on Narcology, Munich.
- 1999 - 2008 Teaching medical students in the field of mental illness, general psychopathology, therapy, the basics and application of psychotherapy, all other non-pharmacological approaches to treatment.
- Since 2007, Hospital training and support of doctors-assistants in the field of psychiatry and psychotherapy, as well as supervision of students in the field of psychology and psychotherapy.
- Since 2014, Curator of the Master's works of the Berlin Psychological University and curator of the Doctoral works, the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite, campus Mitte.
- Since 2014, curriculum for specialists BGPN, borderline personality disorder, Berlin (annually).
- Since 2013, intensive DGPPN course, "Addiction", 12/06/2013, 18/09/2013, 07/02/2014, 12/6/2015, 04/09/2015, Berlin.
- 2015 - 2016 Training Manual on Hospital Practice, Charite.
Scientific projects (scientific doctor, coordinator, leader)
- Since 1999 Actol, ALIA, Carbamazepin / Tiaprid, ELIA, genetic polymorphisms of the cytochrome p450, Keppra-1, Keppra-2, TraveL-Studie, HOSPIPalm.
Reviewed the following Journals
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
- Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Research in the field of Psychotherapy.
The Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics at the Vivantes Kaulsdorf Hospital provides diagnosis and treatment of mental and psychosomatic diseases. It helps people in a state of severe stress, emotional problems, depression, treats bipolar and psychotic disorders and helps deal with addiction, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders. Specialists of the department offer outpatient treatment as well, but mostly it provides inpatient treatment. The head of the department is Dr. Christoph Richter.
Since April 2016, the department offers patients intensive outpatient treatment or home treatment. In case of mental crises or mental illness, this special therapy program allows doctors to reduce or even replace inpatient treatment.
The interdisciplinary team of the department consists of doctors, psychologists, nurses, social workers, professional therapists and physiotherapists. All the staff of the hospital work hand in hand, providing competent help and creating a friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Trust and respect are important here as well.
The department offers a wide range of services, such as diagnostics, individual and group psychotherapy, occupational therapy, creative therapy, music therapy and physiotherapy. Social counseling helps to regulate social issues and apply further measures, such as medical rehabilitation. Relatives of the patients can also be involved in the treatment process, which can greatly accelerate the recovery process.
The department has 134 in-patient beds and 56 beds in day clinics. The treatment is carried out in the following areas: general psychiatry, gerontopsychiatry, psychotherapy, psychosomatics, narcology, psychosomatic day clinic and psychiatric outpatient clinic.