Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Abdominal Surgery (357437)
Specialized in: minimally invasive surgery, abdominal surgery
About the department
The Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Abdominal Surgery at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital offers the full spectrum of surgical treatment of all internal diseases. One of the main focuses of the department is the treatment of cancer. To minimize the risk of surgical intervention, preference is given to minimally invasive techniques that allow patients to recover quickly and cause minimal pain. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Mario Müller.
The department has the most advanced medical equipment and provides treatment in accordance with the latest scientific achievements. The task of the medical team is to provide the best medical treatment for each patient.
Patients are treated in state-of-the-art operating rooms in close cooperation with specialists from other departments. Despite the high-tech medicine, in the foreground is a person with their individual needs.
Main focuses of surgical oncology include:
- Colorectal cancer: colon and rectal cancer, relapse of rectal cancer
- Tumors of the stomach, cardia and esophagus
- Primary liver tumors (HCC, CCC)metastases in the liver
- Cholangiocarcinomas (Klatskin tumor)
- Surgery for the removal of metastases and peritoneal carcinosis (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC))
Also, the range of services of the department includes the treatment of reflux disease, diseases of the esophageal sphincter, spleen, adrenal glands, gallbladder, small and large intestine, hernias, appendicitis and many other pathologies.
The department offers the following minimally invasive interventions for cancer treatment:
- General colon surgery
- Removal of the rectum, rectal extirpation
- Partial removal of the liver (atypical and anatomic liver resection)
- Partial removal of the stomach: stomach resection, gastrectomy
- Removal of part of the esophagus (esophageal resection)
- Distal pancreatic resection
- And many others
The range of medical services of the department also includes the following surgical interventions:
- Heller myotomy
- Totally extraperitoneal hernia repair (TEP)
- Transabdominal preperitoneal hernia repair (TAPP)
- Intraperitoneal onlay mesh technique (IPOM)
- Splenectomy (removal of the spleen)
- Adrenalectomy (removal of the adrenal glands)
- Appendectomy (removal of the appendix)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Proctocolectomy (removal of the rectum and colon)
- Endocrine surgery
PD Dr. med. Mario Müller studied medicine in Tübingen and the USA. At the University of Tübingen, he received a degree in surgery. He had his internship at the University Hospital Grosshadern, Munich. Doctor’s training in surgical oncology took place in the famous Princess Margaret Cancer Center in Toronto, Canada. In addition, Dr. Müller is qualified in the field of robotic surgery (Da Vinci).
Before assuming the post of Chief Physician of the Department of Minimally Invasive and Abdominal Surgery at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital, Dr. Müller was the leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at the Charité (Campus Benjamin Franklin).
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- German Society for Neurogastroenterology and Motility (DGNM).
- European Society of Neurogastroenterology (ESN).
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT).
- Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO).
- Canadian Society of Surgical Oncology (CSSO).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Abdominal Surgery.
Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.