Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin
Department of Obstetrics (357439)
Specialized in: obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Obstetrics at the Vivantes Neukölln Hospital offers the full range of top-class services in this field. As the Level I Perinatal Center, the department specializes in managing all types of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies. In addition, highly qualified medical care is offered here for premature newborns (from the 23rd week of pregnancy) and infants with congenital diseases. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Dietmar Schlembach.
The medical team of the department consists of experienced specialists in prenatal diagnostics, obstetrics, pediatrics, pediatric and neonatal surgery. The department observes the highest standards of medical safety. Doctors work with the most advanced technical equipment, which ensures safety and high-quality medical care.
An important specialization of the department is premature delivery. The department takes part in the research activities of the authoritative European research organizations. Consequently, it offers an international experience in early detection and treatment of any growth disorders of an unborn baby, that is, in the womb. In addition, there is an advanced experience in the monitoring of pregnancy in women with hypertension, placental disorders, which helps avoid a premature birth.
Naturally, the department specializes in delivery, as well as provides medical care before and after the delivery.
The department has seven birth rooms, designed for various kinds of delivery, for example, a room with a maternity chair, a room with a special bath for delivery, rooms with different maternity beds, etc. Each delivery room is equipped with a cardiotocography system for recording the heart rate of the fetus and the tone of the uterus.
To provide natural delivery with minimal pain, alternative and classical methods of pain relief are offered, for example, acupuncture, aromatherapy, homeopathy, relaxing baths, epidural anesthesia, spinal anesthesia and others.
After the delivery, the baby constantly stays with their mother (Rooming-In). A specially trained nursing staff provides all kinds of assistance. Even in the case of preterm labor, the mother and child can stay together. In the first days after childbirth, mothers are provided with lactation specialists who help them to learn breastfeeding.
- 2004 Senior Physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Giessen, Germany.
- 2004 Senior Physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Graz, Austria.
- 2002 - 2004 Research Scholarship, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Texas, Medical Branch Galveston, Texas, USA.
- 1999 - 2002 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany.
- 1989 - 1999 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Bochum, Germany.
- 1997 - 1998 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, Leopoldina Hospital Schweinfurt, Germany.
- 1995 - 1996 Internship, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany.
- 1995 Internship, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Magdeburg, Germany.
- 1988 - 1995 Study of medicine,Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Member of the Austrian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (ÖGGG).
- Member of the Austrian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (ÖGGG).
- Member of the Austrian Society for Prenatal and Perinatal Medicine (ÖGfPPM).
- Treasurer of the Working Group on Perinatology, Steiermark.
- Honorary Member of the Working Group on Toxicosis of Pregnant Women, Austria.
- Member of the Bavarian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (BGGF).
- Member of the German Society for Perinatal Medicine.
- Financial Director of the Working Group on Pregnancy in Hypertension and Gestosis (DGGG).
- Member of the International Society for the Study of Hypertension during Pregnancy (ISSHP).
- Member of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- Member of the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
Department of Obstetrics.
Vivantes Neukölln Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home