German Heart Center Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine (579912)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric radiology, nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine at the German Heart Center Munich offers the full range of highly specialized diagnostics of the cardiovascular system using radioisotopes and ionizing radiation. The department began its work on July 1, 1973, so it is proud of its rich experience and outstanding work results. The department was one of the first in which digital subtraction angiography was applied (in the 1980s). A distinctive feature of the department is high qualification in the field of radioisotope diagnostics of congenital heart defects in children. The department's specialists have advanced technical equipment for general cardiac diagnostics in adults and children, as well as all the necessary diagnostic procedures before, during and after surgical treatment. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Stefan Martinoff.
The department has a modern digital archiving system, which ensures trouble-free and speedy access for all departments of the clinic to the diagnostic data of each patient. It is also possible to transfer digital data to the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich. Thus, the patient is guaranteed the optimization of medical care.
In May 2002, the department installed one of the world's first 16-slice sensory CT scanners, which made it possible to carry out high-precision heart diagnostics in adults. Since 01.10.2004, a multislice computed tomography system was commissioned here for the first time in Europe, while in October 2006 the department got the first dual-source CT scanner, which was specially designed for heart diagnostics. On average, the department conducts from 1,500 to 2,000 CT cardiac examinations annually. It should be noted that the state-of-art equipment provides the minimum dose of radiation, but the efficiency and accuracy of diagnostics is the best possible too.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cardiac computed tomography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging with pharmacological stress
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Myocardial scintigraphy (resting and stress)
- Examinations of pulmonary circulation and ventilation
- Skeletal scintigraphy
- Kidney and thyroid scintigraphy
- X-ray examinations
- Other diagnostic options
Education and Professional Activities
- 1977 - 1983 Study of Human Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1987 Doctoral Degree.
- 1984 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiotherapy, Augsburg Clinic.
- 1985 - 1991 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Campuses Grosshadern and Innenstadt).
- 1990 Theoretical basis of the specialty (Radiation Therapy).
- 1991 Board certification in Radiology (including the theoretical basis of the specialty in the field of sonography and computed tomography).
- 1991 Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Radiology at the District Hospital Starnberg.
- 12.1991 Senior Physician in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine at the German Heart Center Munich.
- 1992 Theoretical basis of the specialty (Nuclear Medicine), Leading Senior Physician and Permanent Board Representative of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine at the German Heart Center Munich.
- 1996 Construction and commissioning of the first full Digital Radiography Unit in Bavaria (as the Department Board Representative).
- Since 1998 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine at the German Heart Center Munich.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Member of the Medical Office in accordance with the decision of the Bavarian Medical Association of Radiology.
- Member of the German Society of Radiology.
- Member of the European Association of Radiology.
- Member of the German Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Member of the Society of Cardiovascular CT.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Deutsches Herzzentrum München
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, Nuclear Medicine.
German Heart Center Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.