Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Breast Center (116)
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology
About the department
The goal of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a professional and rapid diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases in female and male patients. In addition, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm offers many surgical procedures on the breast, such as breast reconstruction, augmentation and reduction.
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide uses various diagnostic techniques that ensure an accurate diagnosis and can be provided under a local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. In most cases they allow to avoid open surgery under anesthesia and a hospital stay.
The high level of professionalism of the team under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm, modern diagnostic and treatment technologies, the personal attention and care of the Department ensure a comprehensive high-class medical care at the Breast Centre Holweide. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The range of medical services of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- 3D/4D sonography
- Digital mammography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound-guided microbiopsy
- Vacuum biopsy of the breast, including stereotactic biopsy
- Scanning of lymph nodes and bones, PET
- Drug treatment of breast tumors: chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, antibody therapy
- Radiotherapy of breast tumors
- All types of surgery, mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction and plastic repair after surgery
- Rehabilitation after surgery - physiotherapy
- Cosmetic breast surgery
- 1986 - 1992 Medical Faculty of the Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald.
- 1992 - 1994 Trainee Doctor of the Department of Gynecology at the Stralsund Hospital.
- 1994 - 1997 Assistant Physician of the Department of Gynecology at the Stralsund Hospital.
- 1996 Doctorate in the Department of Gynecology at the Stralsund Hospital, Academic Hospital of the Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald.
- 1998 Obstetrician-Gynecologist.
- 1997 - 2000 Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the Municipal Hospital Wolfsburg.
- 2002 Facultative further education: "Special surgical gynecology".
- 2003 Qualified KV Instructor: Ultrasound diagnostics of the mammary gland.
- 2003 Mammary sonography, DEGUM II.
- 2003 Head of the Breast Center, University of Cologne.
- 2004 Deputy Head of the Department and Polyclinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cologne.
- 2005 Authorized person with the right to further training/retraining in the framework of an optional program for advanced training in Special Surgical Gynecology.
- 2006 Seminar Leader of DEGUM, additional qualification: drug therapy for cancer, focus: Gynecologic Oncology.
- 2009 Professional Auditor for Breast Centers in NRW.
- 2009 Habilitation at the Medical Faculty of the University Hospital Cologne. Subject: "Individualized clinical therapy concepts for breast cancer patients based on the prediction of the response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy".
- Since 2010, Chief Physician of the Breast Center Holweide, Clinics Cologne gGmbH.
- 2011 Mammary sonography, DEGUM III.
- 2016 Visiting Professor of the University of Cologne.
- German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- DEGUM, Working Group on Mammography.
- Professional Association of Gynecologists.
- Lower-Rhine-Westphalian Society for Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Haus Lebenswert e. V.
- Board Member of the Northeastern German Society of Gynecologic Oncology (NOGGO).
- German Society of Senology.
- German Cancer Society.
- German Society for Plastic and Restorative Surgery.
- German Osteooncological Society (DOG).
- GenoGyn Rhineland
- FRANKA e. V., women after cancer.
- Breast Cancer Association (Brustkrebs Deutschland e. V.), Member of the Advisory Board.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Control Panel "Mortality Evaluation within the frameworks of the German Mammography Screening Program" at the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home