Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Breast Center (116)
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology
The goal of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a professional and rapid diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases in female and male patients. In addition, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm offers many surgical procedures on the breast, such as breast reconstruction, augmentation and reduction.
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide uses various diagnostic techniques that ensure an accurate diagnosis and can be provided under a local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. In most cases they allow to avoid open surgery under anesthesia and a hospital stay.
The high level of professionalism of the team under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm, modern diagnostic and treatment technologies, the personal attention and care of the Department ensure a comprehensive high-class medical care at the Breast Centre Holweide. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The range of medical services of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- 3D/4D sonography
- Digital mammography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound-guided microbiopsy
- Vacuum biopsy of the breast, including stereotactic biopsy
- Scanning of lymph nodes and bones, PET
- Drug treatment of breast tumors: chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, antibody therapy
- Radiotherapy of breast tumors
- All types of surgery, mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction and plastic repair after surgery
- Rehabilitation after surgery - physiotherapy
- Cosmetic breast surgery
- Cologne, Germany