Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1986-1992 Study of human medicine at the Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald
- 1992-1994 Doctor in an internship at the Stralsund Women's Hospital
- 1994-1997 assistant doctor at Stralsund Women's Hospital
- 1996 Doctorate at the Stralsund Women's Hospital, Academic Teaching Hospital of the Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald
- 1998 Specialist physician for gynecology and obstetrics
- 1997-2000 senior physician at the women's hospital at the city hospital Wolfsburg
- 2002 facultative further education: "Special operative gynecology"
- 2003 Qualified instructor of the KV: Ultrasonic diagnosis of breast glands
- 2003 DEGUM II mammary sonography
- 2003 Head of Breast Center, University of Cologne
- 2004 Deputy Clinical Director of the Department and polyclinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cologne
- 2005 Commissioner's continuing education authority for further education in optional further education Special Operative Gynecology
- 2006 Seminar leader of DEGUM, additional title: Drugous tumor therapy, focus: gynecological oncology
- 2009 expert auditor for breast centers in NRW
- 2009 Habilitation at the Medical Faculty of the University Hospital of Cologne "Individualized clinical therapy concepts for breast carcinoma patients by prediction of the response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy"
- Since 2010 chief physician Breast Center Holweide, clinics of the city of Cologne gGmbH
- 2011 DEGUM III mammary sonography
- 2016 APL University of Cologne
- German Corporation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG)
- DEGUM, work group mammography
- Professional Association of Women's Physicians
- Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Haus Lebenswert e. V.
- Member of the Board of the North-East German Corporation of Gynecological Oncology (NOGGO)
- German Corporation for Senology
- German Cancer Corporation
- German Corporation for Plastic and Restorative Surgery
- DOG German Osteooncological Society
- GenoGyn Rhineland
- FRANKA e. V., women after carcinoma
- Brustkrebs Deutschland e. V., Member of the Advisory Board
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Control Panel "Mortality Evaluation of the German Mammography
- Screening Program" at the Federal Office for Radiation Protection
FOCUS doctor's list 2016
Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm is one of the best German doctors; It is listed in the 2,850 top-medical physician list 2016 of the magazine FOCUS Gesundheit.
The ranking was determined by the research institute Munich Inquire Media on the basis of large surveys in collaboration with specialists, medical specialists and scientific publications. Recommendations from patient associations, self-help groups and medical practitioners were also included in the evaluations.
The goal of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a professional and rapid diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases in female and male patients. In addition, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm offers many surgical procedures on the breast, such as breast reconstruction, augmentation and reduction.
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide uses various diagnostic techniques that ensure an accurate diagnosis and can be provided under a local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. In most cases they allow to avoid open surgery under anesthesia and a hospital stay.
The high level of professionalism of the team under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Warm, modern diagnostic and treatment technologies, the personal attention and care of the Department ensure a comprehensive high-class medical care at the Breast Centre Holweide. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The range of medical services of the Breast Center at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- 3D/4D sonography
- Digital mammography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound-guided microbiopsy
- Vacuum biopsy of the breast, including stereotactic biopsy
- Scanning of lymph nodes and bones, PET
- Drug treatment of breast tumors: chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, antibody therapy
- Radiotherapy of breast tumors
- All types of surgery, mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction and plastic repair after surgery
- Rehabilitation after surgery - physiotherapy
- Cosmetic breast surgery