Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (119)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, pediatric surgery, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide under the direction of Prof. Dr. med Steffen Maune is a modern health care facility for both surgical and conservative treatment of diseases of the head and neck, especially throat, nose, paranasal sinuses and ears. The Department is the first center in the region of Cologne to offer an innovative ESTEEM middle ear implant.
The focuses of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide include ear surgery to improve hearing, surgery to improve nasal breathing, surgical treatment of inflammatory diseases of the pharyngeal lymphatic ring, local plastic reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, including cosmetic interventions, as well as cancer surgery of the ear, throat and head. The key focus is on the most sparing minimally invasive surgical techniques that cause minimal functional limitations. Therefore, the medical team of the Department, headed by Prof. Dr. med Steffen Maune, uses cutting-edge techniques, including laser surgery.
The Department of Otolaryngology has all the necessary state-of the-art equipment to detect and treat diseases. This includes endoscopes, video, computer equipment for radiometry and ultrasound diagnosis. Through the use of modern tools and new surgical techniques, the Department of Otolaryngology under the direction of Prof. Dr. med Steffen Maune is proud to have an opportunity to provide various surgical procedures on an outpatient and partially inpatient basis.
The range of diagnostic services of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- Pediatric audiometry
- Middle ear diagnosis
- Objective audiometry
- Otoneurological diagnosis
- Functional diagnosis
- Diagnosis of the nose
- Diagnosis of snoring
- Imaging diagnosis
- Soft tissues of the neck, salivary glands and facial skull
The range of surgical services of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors; larynx-preservation surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery, as well as salivary gland surgery (resection of adenoids and tonsils); treatment of sleep, breathing, snoring disorders, submandibular gland surgery, reconstructive surgery for facial paralysis
- Laryngeal, tracheal, bronchial and esophageal surgery (endoscopic resection of defects, tracheostomy, laryngectomy)
- Treatment of injuries and diseases of the facial skeleton and soft tissues (scar correction, treatment of fractures of the middle facial area, especially eye sockets, nose; eyelid surgery)
- Nasal and paranasal sinus surgery, including functional and aesthetic rhinoplasty
- Ear surgery (pinna and auditory canal surgery in case of eardrum injuries, facial nerve decompression, treatment of otosclerosis, implantation (of fully implantable hearing devices)
- Conservative treatment of ENT diseases
- Plastic aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck
- Phoniatrics and allergology
- von 1990 bis 1993 - Assistenzarzt an der HNO-Klinik der Kliniken der Stadt Oldenburg
- bis 2006 - Facharzt, Oberarzt und stellvertretender Direktor der HNO-Klinik an der Christian-Albrecht-Universität
- seit 2006 - Chefarzt der Klinik für HNO, Kopf- und Halschirurgie des Krankenhauses Holweide in Köln
Universitätsprofessor an der Universität Witten/Herdecke in der Fakultät für Gesundheit am Lehrstuhl für Hals-, Nasen- und Ohrenheilkunde
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Heilkunde, Kopf- und Halschirurgie
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Schädelbasischirurgie (DGSB)
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home