Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine (121)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology neuroradiology, nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide offers the entire spectrum of radiological and radioisotope diagnosis and therapy. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Axel Goßmann. There are represented the following focuses: diagnostic radiology, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine and isotope therapy. With the latest technologies, such as high-performance CT scanner SOMATOM Definition Flash, equipment for two-level angiography, a few MRI machines of the latest design and the picture archiving and communication system (PACS), the Department offers a rapid, sparing and safe diagnosis.
The range of medical services in the field of diagnostic radiology at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide includes:
- Conventional X-ray diagnosis
- Images of bones, including special images
- Chest X-ray
- Examinations of the gastrointestinal tract, including swallowing video
- Ultrasound of all organs, intraoperative sonography and ultrasound-guided puncture
- Angiography and phlebography with balloon dilatation of vascular occlusion and implanted stents, chemoembolization of tumors and image, if necessary dilatation of dialysis shunts
- Computer tomography of all areas of the body, including the measurement of bone density, CT-guided puncture for receiving material for cytological and histological examination
- Radiofrequency ablation (i.e., treatment of tumors by hyperthermia)
- Mammography with preoperative localization of suspicious focal lesions
- Special images of the upper and lower jaw
- MRI of all organs, including MR angiography and preoperative neuronavigation
In addition to the diagnosis, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Axel Goßmann also offers the following therapeutic surgery:
- Surgery for vascular changes (e.g., balloon expansion in case of vascular constriction and occlusion of vascular malformations)
- Radiofrequency ablation (spot removal of the affected tissue, such as liver metastases by means of high electric fields)
- CT scan and fine needle ultrasound-guided puncture of all organs and soft tissue changes
- Therapeutic punctures of the pathological fluid accumulation, such as abscesses
The main focuses of the Department of Neuroradiology at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide include:
- Stroke therapy
- Neuroradiological therapy
- Aneurysm closure
- Angioma closure
- Embolization of tumors
In the field of nuclear medical, the Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide offers all radioisotope diagnostic methods:
- Cardiac diagnosis (myocardial scintigraphy at rest and at load, assessment of myocardial viability after infarction, detection of circulatory disorders etc.)
- Skeletal, bone marrow and inflammation scintigraphy
- Renal examinations with different diagnostic objectives
- Special diagnostic methods (such as tumor scintigraphy)
- Perfusion scintigraphy and lung ventilation scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy with various diagnostic objectives
- Scintigraphy of the parathyroid gland, adrenal glands and liquor space
- Thyroid diagnosis
Photo of the doctor: (c) Krankenhaus Köln-Holweide
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.