Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology
Specialized in: radiology
Department of Radiology offers a full range of radiological and nuclear medical diagnostics and therapy. It is divided into the following specialties: diagnostic radiology, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine and division 251 for isotope therapy. With the help of the latest technologies, such as high-performance CT scanner SOMATOM Definition Flash, equipment for two-level angiography, several state of the art MRI machines (the newest scanner for the whole body MRI, 1.5 Tesla) and the system of digital image archiving and PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) a quick, gentle and safe diagnostic method is provided.
The range of services in the branch of diagnostic radiology includes:
• Conventional X-ray diagnostics
• Pictures of bones, including special images and feet measurements examination
• Chest X-ray
• Investigations of the gastrointestinal tract, including swallowing video
• Ultrasound of all organs, intraoperative sonography and ultrasound-guided puncture
• Angiography and venography with balloon dilation of vascular occlusion and implanted stents, chemoembolization of tumors and image, if necessary dialysis shunts dilatation
• Computer tomography of all areas of the body, including the measurement of bone density, CT-guided puncture for receiving material for cytological and histological examination
• Radiofrequency ablation (e.g., destruction with overheating) of tumors
• Mammography with preoperative localization of suspicious focal lesions
• Special images of the upper and lower jaw
• MRI of all organs, including MR angiography and preoperative neuronavigation.
In addition to the diagnostics the Department offers conducting such therapeutic operations as:
• Surgeries with underlying vascular changes (e.g., balloon angioplasty with vascular constriction and occlusion of vascular malformations)
• Radiofrequency ablation (spot removal of the affected tissue, such as liver metastases by means of high electric fields)
• CT scan and fine needle puncture with ultrasound-guide of all organs and soft tissue changes
• Therapeutic puncture of the pathological fluid accumulation, such as abscesses.
The main specialties of the Department of Neuroradiology:
• Stroke Therapy
• neuroradiological therapy
• aneurysm closure
• angiomas closure
• embolization of tumors
In the field of nuclear medical diagnostics the Department offers all the procedures of nuclear medical research, for example:
• Cardiac diagnostics (myocardial scintigraphy, life signs of myocardial residues after infarction, detection of circulatory disorders, etc.)
• skeletal, bone marrow and inflammation scintigraphy
• various renal studies
• special diagnostic methods (such as tumor scintigraphy)
• scintigraphy and lung ventilation scintigraphy
• brain scintigraphy
• scintigraphy of the parathyroid glands, adrenal glands and liquor space
• thyroid diagnosis
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a part of the University of Cologne. Alongside with a wide range of treatment of diseases represented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: gynecology and obstetrics, urology, ENT therapy, radiology. There is also a specialized clinic for the treatment of visceral (internal organs of the body). The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide applies minimally invasive technologies and sparing treatment methods.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: