Hip endoprosthesis replacement and rehabilitation (program ID: 398872)
Academic Hospital DRK Berlin Westend
Thilo JohnSpecialized in: orthopedics, endoprosthetics
Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Endoprosthetics
The Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Endoprosthetics annually performs over 510 endoprosthesis replacement in patients with hip arthritis and provides comprehensive rehabilitation. Repeated hip endoprosthetics is technically complicated, but the team of specialists under the direction of Dr. med. T. John has been successfully coping with this task for many years. The department uses high quality endoprostheses with a long service life.
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray examination of the hip
- CT scan of the hip
- preoperative care
- endoprosthesis replacement
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- orthopedic appliances
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
The program includes orthopedic rehabilitation:
- Primary presentation in the clinic
- medical history, including family history
- complex neurological and orthopedic examinations
- X-ray examination
- complex neurophysiological examinations
- individual rehabilitation program, which includes:
- Wii Fit training in the use of the balance
- neuropsychological therapy
- functional therapy of the upper extremities (ArmeoSpring)
- kinesitherapy (physiotherapy)
- biocontrol with feedback
- healing deep muscle massage
- acupuncture of spasticity and pain syndromes
- occupational therapy
- psycho-educational classes
- Individual physiotherapy
- microcurrent treatment
- fangotherapy / cryotherapy
- antispasmodic drug therapy
- mobilization of limb joints
- hydrotherapy / massage therapy / reflexology
- training on special trainers
- and etc.
- nurses care
- stay in the hospital with full board
- symptomatic and drug therapy
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Endoprosthetics at the Academic Hospital DRK Berlin Westend offers optimal treatment for any traumas and consequences of the injuries of the musculoskeletal system (bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles) and is engaged in the further development of sparing surgical techniques and highly functional prosthetics. In the framework of the specialized Center for Endoprosthetics, in addition to the primary operations for the replacement of the hip, knee and shoulder joints, there are also performed revision interventions of any severity. The department is headed by Dr. med. Thilo John.
Doctor. med. Thilo John, the Chief Physician of the Department, is a recognized surgeon, a specialist in all modern methods of replacing the hip and other joints in injuries, inflammations or age-related degeneration. In addition, the doctor has an extensive experience of treating hip and other joints with the help of the very latest minimally invasive interventions.
The service range of the Department of Orhopedic Surgery includes:
- Endoprosthetics and revision endoprosthetics within the maximum care Center for Endoprosthetics
- Corrective surgery
- Foot surgery
- Hand and elbow surgery
- Other interventions
The maximum care Center for Endoprosthetics (EPZmax) offers the entire spectrum of both primary and secondary revision joint replacement surgery. The surgical techniques used here are sparing for soft tissues, and therefore contribute to the reduced burden on the body and rapid rehabilitation of the patient. A highly specialized team of doctors, physiotherapists and nursing staff oversees and supports all patients throughout the entire hospital stay.
The service range of the Center for Endoprosthetics:
- Primary hip, knee and shoulder replacement
- Surgery to replace the prosthesis of the hip, knee and shoulder joints
- Oncological endoprosthetics
- Individual operations to replace the joint after digital radiography
- Sparing (without damage to soft tissues), minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Counseling on endoprosthetics before surgery and consultations for dynamics monitoring
- Other forms of treatment.
- Study of medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 1994 - 1997 Medical activity in the Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery at the Steglitz Hospital under the direction of Prof., Dr. Rahmanzadeh.
- Training in surgery under the direction of Prof. Buhr in the Benjamin Franklin Hospital.
- 2001 Medical Specialist in Traumatology, Department of Traumatology, Benjamin Franklin Hospital.
- Qualified as a Medical Specialist in the care of seriously wounded patients.
- Participation in the development of ATLS-standards when providing medical care to victims.
- International activities as an Instructor of the International Association of Orthopedics (AO): participation in operations in the Middle East.
- Since 10/2009, Chief Physician of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics at the Academic Hospital DRK Berlin Westend.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Hip endoprosthesis replacement and rehabilitation
- Hospital: Academic Hospital DRK Berlin Westend
- access_time Duration:
There are 92 hip osteoarthritis (coxarthrosis) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics