Academic Hospital Harlaching Munich
Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics (113837)
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology, obstetrics
About the department
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the Academic Hospital Harlaching ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the Academic Hospital Harlaching provides all types of diagnostics and treatment of gynecological diseases. It treats both typical female diseases and severe diseases of the genital organs and breasts in women. There are treated over 5,500 inpatients every year. The department is the certified Breast Center and the Gynecologic Oncology Center. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Grab.
The Academic Hospital Harlaching is the certified Gynecologic Oncology Center, which has been successfully certified by the the German Cancer Society in 2010 and repeatedly in 2013. This means that the Department of Gynecology meets all professional quality requirements of the German Cancer Society.
In the field of surgical treatment, preference is given to sparing surgery and multimodal therapy. Surgical interventions are performed in the most sparing way – surgical instruments are inserted through small incisions in the abdominal cavity, which significantly reduces pain and shortens the period of hospital stay. Minimally invasive surgery can be used to treat almost all benign and some malignant tumors. Another basic principle of surgical treatment is the removal of the smallest possible volume of tissues, which makes a special sense in the desire to have children.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the competent therapy for breast cancer. Targeted treatment is based on both comprehensive and accurate diagnosis. To this end, the department has all modern diagnostic tools. The department pays special attention to the breast-conserving approach and is proud that in the past it was possible to save the breast despite the presence of a tumor in 80% of patients. If it is impossible to perform breast-conserving surgery, doctors offer complete amputation of the breast (mastectomy) with the further reconstruction. For this purpose, the department collaborates with an experienced plastic surgeon, who also advises on whether breast should be reconstructed using implants or patient’s own tissues.
Special focuses of the Department of Gynecology:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Fibroids, endometriosis (tumors, neoplasms, growths)
- Weak pelvic floor, incontinence
- Uterine prolapse, etc.
- 1983 German and American medical state examination.
- 1983 Approbation.
- 1983 Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Medical Science at the Faculty of Theoretical Medicine.
- 1983 Research Associate in the Department of Clinical Morphology at the University of Ulm.
- 1983 Assistant Physician, Blaubeuren Hospital, Department of Surgery.
- 1985 Research Associate, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Ulm.
- 1990 Qualification of a gynecologist.
- 1993 Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Ulm.
- 1994 Professorship, Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1994 Venia Legendi, Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1995 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Ulm.
- 2000 Visiting Professor.
- 2002 First place in the list of invitations to the post of professor (C3), University of Münster, Department of Prenatal Diagnostics and Obstetrics.
- 2003 Chief Physician, Municipal Hospital Munich Harlaching.
- 2003 Visiting Lecturer, Ludwig-Maximilians University-Munich.
- 2011 Additional post of the Chief Physician, Municipal Hospital Munich GmbH, Department of Gynecology, Neuperlach.
Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics.
Academic Hospital Harlaching Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home