Hip osteoarthritis (coxarthrosis) treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis) (program ID: 548595)
Academic Hospital Helios Munich West
Andreas LenichSpecialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, traumatology, hand surgery, sports orthopedics
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Hand Surgery, Sports Orthopedics
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray examination of the hip
- MRI scan of the hip
- preoperative care
- hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- orthopedic appliances
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Hand Surgery, Sports Orthopedics at the Academic Hospital Helios Munich West offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The doctors have in their arsenal many effective methods for the conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The department has exceptional experience in the field of elbow surgery. All therapeutic procedures meet the highest standards of both German and European professional societies. When performing surgical treatment, the preference is always given to sparing minimally invasive methods, which guarantee the patient’s speedy recovery.
The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Andreas Lenich, who is on the list of the top German doctors specializing in elbow surgery, according to the Focus magazine! He has a perfect command of all minimally invasive and open techniques for treating elbow injuries and diseases. The specialist is also a member of many professional societies and has successful experience in the most prestigious hospitals in Germany.
The service range of the department includes:
- Elbow and shoulder surgery
- Correction of elbow and shoulder instability
- Superficial elbow and shoulder replacement (partial and total)
- Elbow and shoulder endoprosthetics
- Conservative and surgical treatment of fractures
- Elbow and shoulder lesions (associated with injuries and degenerative ones)
- Hand surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger fingers
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Wrist and hand ganglion
- Soft tissue and bone cysts and tumors
- Ligament rupture, for example, on the thumb, and its complications
- Fresh tendon injuries
- Long-term effects of tendon injuries
- Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow
- Radial fractures and their late complications
- Wrist fracture and its complications
- Fractures of the metacarpal bone and fingers, their late complications
- Reconstructive plastic surgery to correct posttraumatic and tumor defects of the soft tissues
- Prosthetics in posttraumatic and rheumatic joint changes
- Hand defects in children
- Sudeck syndrome
- Inflammatory processes in the hand and fingers
- Nail interventions
- Endoscopic wrist examinations
- Microsurgical replantation methods in traumatic amputation
- Foot surgery (diagnostics and treatment of foot and ankle diseases, deformities)
- Pain therapy
- Knee, hip, shoulder, elbow and wrist joint replacement surgery
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Revision interventions
- Spinal surgery
- Diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of sports injuries
- Plastic reconstructive interventions
- Emergency medical care
- Other medical services
- April 1992 Beginning of the Study of Human Medicine at the University of Ulm.
- September 1997 Second State Exam, University of Ulm.
- October 1997 One-year practice at the Augsburg Hospital/Charing Cross Hospital (University of London).
- September 1998 Third State Exam, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.
- January 1999 Doctoral dissertation defense, Faculty of Medicine (Section of Clinical Chemistry), University of Ulm. Subject: "Proliferation of endothelin in endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells under the influence of various drugs" (summa cum laude). Intern, Department of Traumatology, Hospital Augsburg (under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. A. Rüther).
- July 2000 Admission to medical practice.
- April 2004 Additional qualifications in Diving Medicine (German Society of Hyperbaric Medicine).
- May 2004 Beginning of biomechanical experiments in the Laboratory of Materials Science at the University of Applied Sciences of Regensburg (under the supervision of Prof. Dr. J. Hammer, Prof. Dr. M. Nerlich and Prof. Dr.h.c. E. Mayr).
- June 2004 Additional qualification – Emergency Physician.
- January 2005 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- April 2006 Acting Head of the Department of Traumatology, University Hospital Regensburg (under the direction of Prof. Dr. M. Nerlich).
- October 2006 Senior Physician of the Department of Traumatology, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Augsburg Hospital (under the direction of Prof. Dr.h.c. E. Mayr). Management and expansion of the department to Gerontotraumatology, Augsburg Hospital.
- December 2008 Specialization in Traumatology, additional qualification in Sports Medicine.
- April 2009 Senior Physician of the Department of Traumatology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar, as well as the Head of the Policlinic of Traumatology.
- June 2011 Habilitation, University of Regensburg.
- November 2011 Assistant Physician, Department of Sports Orthopedics, University Hospital Rechts der Isar, with the aim of obtaining the title of a Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology. He combined these activities with the work in the Department of Traumatology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar.
- May 2012 Senior Physician in the Department of Sports Orthopedics at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar. The Head of the Section for Research and Shoulder Surgery (project management).
- August 2013 Instructor of the General Society of Arthroscopy (AGA).
- January 2015 Head of the Section for Advanced Training in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, German Association for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- November 2015 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Hand Surgery, Sports Orthopedics at the Academic Hospital Helios Munich West.
- October 2016 Head of the Interdisciplinary Emergency Department at the Academic Hospital Helios Munich West.
Membership in Professional Societies
- 1999 Member of the German Society of Traumatology (DGU).
- 2003 Member of the Bavarian Association of Surgeons.
- 2005 Graduate of the Osteosynthesis Association.
- 2006 Member of the Association for Geriatric Traumatology of the German Society of Traumatology (DGU).
- 2010 Member of the German Association for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (DVSE) and the General Society of Arthroscopy (AGA).
- 2012 Member of the Committee for Elbow Surgery of the General Society of Arthroscopy (AGA).
- 2013 Member of the Committee for Elbow Surgery of the German Association for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (DVSE), as well as Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Elbow Surgery of the General Society of Arthroscopy (AGA).
- 2015 Chairman of the Committee for Elbow Surgery of the General Society of Arthroscopy (AGA).
- Annual Congress of the German Society of Traumatology (DGU) in Berlin (2004) – New proximal femur implant.
- Congress on Geriatric Traumatology in Münster (2005) – Location of the implant in the proximal femur.
- Küntscher Kreis Kongress Congress in Rostock (2012) – PolyAxnail as a new implant for the treatment of proximal humeral fractures.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Hip osteoarthritis (coxarthrosis) treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- Hospital: Academic Hospital Helios Munich West
- access_time Duration:
There are 93 hip osteoarthritis (coxarthrosis) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics