Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (447941)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf offers the full range of services in these fields. The priority clinical focuses include the treatment of all benign and malignant diseases in women, care for future mothers before, during and after childbirth. Here patients receive effective conservative and surgical treatment, corresponding to modern medical standards. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Patrick Dewalque.
In the field of gynecology, of particular interest is the treatment of cancers, as well as the treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases. The scope of tasks of gynecologists also includes the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Prior to the prescription of a course of therapy, all necessary diagnostic tests and consultations are conducted, within the framework of which the doctor together with the patient select the optimal treatment option.
The department offers both diagnostics and treatment of the following gynecologic diseases:
- Diseases of the intimate area
- Genital warts (condylomas)
- Acne inversa
- Malignant diseases of the intimate zone (rare disease)
- Other pathologies
- Uterine diseases
- Myomas (benign uterine tumors)
- Uterine mucosa polyps (on the cervix or uterine cavity)
- Pathological changes in the cervix
- Other diseases
- Ovarian diseases
- Inflammatory ovarian diseases (up to the formation of abscesses)
- Malignant ovarian diseases (cancer)
- Other diseases
- All forms of urinary incontinence in women
- Uterine and vaginal prolapse
- Vaginal bleedings
- Chronic abdominal pain (due to pathological changes in the female genital organs)
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
The service range in the field of gynecology includes:
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy)
- Diagnosis to determine the causes of unclear abdominal pain or problems with conception
- Organ-preserving surgery on ovaries and fallopian tubes in benign neoplasms
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- Organ-preserving surgery for uterine myomas
- Partial or total uterine removal (LASH or TLHE technique)
- Surgical treatment of cervical cancer (depending on the stage of the disease)
- Hysteroscopy (for example, to remove uterine fibroids, removal of endometrium in chronic bleedings)
- Other minimally invasive treatments
- Conservative therapy
- Uterine artery embolization (treatment for uterine fibroids)
- Treatment of urinary incontinence (by applying a special tape)
- Urethral uplift with hyaluronic acid gel injections
- Other conservative treatments
- Uterine prolapse treatment
- Classic surgical interventions
- Modern method – installation of a special mesh (under the bladder or over the intestine)
- Other treatments
- Treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases
- Urinary incontinence treatment
- Sparing surgical interventions
- Laser techniques, for example, for cervical conization
- Bi-Clamp technique (most often used for laparoscopy and removal of the uterus)
- Other sparing operations
In addition, a separate focus of the department is obstetrics. It delivers more than 950 babies every year. The obstetricians have a rich arsenal of modern methods of monitoring pregnancy and childbirth. The department is equipped with three excellent delivery rooms, as well as 20 beds for pre- and postnatal care.
The medical team of the Department of Obstetrics consists of therapists, obstetricians, nurses who are specially trained to take care of the child and mother, breastfeeding consultants and physiotherapists, who work closely together to provide safe, individual, comprehensive care during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period (support and advice on the correct treatment of the baby).
It should be noted that the patients are offered all modern methods of alleviating pain during labor, for example, homeopathy, acupuncture, aromatherapy. It is also possible to use epidural anesthesia. The service range includes special programs for the preparation of young couples for the emergence of a child, psychosocial counseling for pregnant women, etc.
The highest quality of the department's services is confirmed by prestigious certificates, for example, the BABY FREUNDLICH Certificate in the field of outstanding obstetric services, the Certificate of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology for the successful results of treatment of oncological diseases in women.
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.