Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf
Department of Mammology and Breast Surgery (448361)
Specialized in: mammology, breast surgery
About the department
The Department of Mammology and Breast Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in these fields. The department specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases in both women and men. Also, the scope of tasks of the department’s doctors includes comprehensive counseling of patients, surgical correction of breast defects in patients and early detection of breast cancer (within a special program). The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Oksana Möller.
To achieve the optimal therapeutic and aesthetic result, the doctors of the department conduct comprehensive consultations, describe in detail all possible treatment options and their probable results. An important role is played by an interdisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment. A variety of diagnostic and therapeutic measures are provided jointly with the specialists from the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology, Department of Oncology and Hematology, Palliative Care.
The service range of the department includes:
- Breast ultrasound, ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Organ-preserving breast surgery and oncoplastic surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and gynecomastia in men
- Medical and preventive surgical interventions on the mammary gland
- Diagnosis of sentinel lymph nodes and sparing interventions on the lymph nodes
- Safe reconstructive techniques
- Immediate breast reconstruction after surgery to remove it (the so-called skin-sparing mastectomy) or subsequent reconstruction after a standard breast removal
- Breast reconstruction with implants (silicone implants, expander)
- Breast reconstruction with the patient's own tissues (the tissue form the anterior abdominal wall or back is used)
- Secondary and tertiary surgical interventions to achieve optimal results
- Surgical interventions to treat recurrent breast diseases (with breast preservation or removal)
- Breast surgery with intraoperative radiotherapy
- Special offers:
- Correction of impaired breast development
- Breast augmentation or reduction
- All methods of corrective breast surgery
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1990 State examination, Russia.
- 1992 Education in Pediatrics, Russia.
- 1994 Further education «Instrumental diagnostics and computerized storage systems in medicine», Aachen/Cologne.
- 1995 Internship, Kaiserswerther Diakonie Clinic, Duesseldorf.
- 1999 Medical Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the Kaiserswerther Diakonie Clinic in Duesseldorf (specializing in ultrasound of the breast and the female reproductive system).
- 2003 Qualification in Breast Surgery, Senior Physician, Clinic in Duesseldorf.
- 2004 2004 Doctoral thesis defense at the Faculty of Medicine, Heinrich Heine Duesseldorf University. Subject: "The number of stem cells in the cord blood at the time of birth: study of the impact factors."
- 2005 Additional training in Special Surgical Gynecology.
- 2007 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Senology, IBC-SANA Clinic Dusseldorf.
- 2009 Joint certification of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Breast Center Duesseldorf I.
- 2010 Head of the Department of Mammology and Breast Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
Department of Mammology and Breast Surgery.
Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.