Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery (448529)
Specialized in: trauma and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department is a modern medical facility, which employs highly qualified, experienced doctors specializing in the surgical treatment of all types of injuries and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Of particular interest is conservative and surgical treatment of fractures, joint diseases (including hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement surgery), as well as hand and foot surgery. The department is headed by Dr. med. Ulrich Dauer.
The service range of the department includes:
- Conservative and surgical treatment of bone fractures
- Shin fractures, including the upper part of the ankle
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Femoral fractures
- Shoulder and forearm fractures
- Lumbar spine and pelvic fractures
- Other fractures
- Treatment of shoulder diseases
- Shoulder fractures and their consequences
- Shoulder instability after dislocation
- Tendon rupture ( in the rotator cuff, biceps)
- Joint replacement surgery
- Compression syndromes
- Subacromial degenerative diseases of the shoulder
- Other diseases and injuries
- Knee diseases
- Knee fractures and their consequences
- Meniscus tears
- Cartilage damage
- Cruciate ligament damage
- Other diseases and injuries
- Hand surgery
- Compression syndromes (for example, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Trigger fingers
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Rigidity of finger and hand joints
- Other diseases
- Reconstructive interventions in degenerative foot diseases
- Hallux valgus correction
- Joint replacement surgery (for example, in thumb rigidity)
- Pain in the metatarsal bone
- Hammer-shaped and clawlike deformity of the fingers
- Foot pain
- Nail bed plastic repair
- Other pathologies
- Other diseases and treatments
- 1975 - 1981 Study of Medicine at the Rhine-Westphalian Technical University Aachen, state examination and obtaining a medical license issued by the Head of the District Administration of Cologne.
- 1985 Doctoral thesis defense (Dr. med.), Saarland University (Homburg/Saar), under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Holger Kiesewetter. Subject: "Method for assessing erythrocyte deformability".
Medical and Scientific Activities
- 1982 - 1983 Military service, Bundeswehr, Head of the Medical Service of the Military Unit.
- 1983 – 1985 Fellow of the Department of Pathology (Prof. Dr. med. K. Mittermayer and Prof. Dr. med. P. Franke), Department of Surgery (Prof. Dr. med. M. Reifferscheid) RWTU Aachen.
- 1985 - 1995 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- 1995 - 2002 Senior Physician, Department of Surgery, Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 2002, Chief Physician of the Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf (as well as the Chief Physician of the same department at the St. Vincent Hospital Duesseldorf since 2011).
Membership in Medical and Scientific Organizations
- German Society of Traumatology.
- Association of Surgeons of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- Medical Association of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery.
Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.