Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf
Department of Abdominal, Minimally Invasive and Cancer Surgery (448604)
Specialized in: abdominal, minimally invasive and cancer surgery
About the department
The Department of Abdominal, Minimally Invasive and Cancer Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf offers the full range of surgical treatment in accordance with modern medical standards. Every year, it performs about 2,500 interventions on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. The priorities of the department include general and endocrine surgery, minimally invasive (laparoscopic) interventions, coloproctology and surgical treatment of oncopathology. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Konstantinos Zarras.
The outstanding quality of medical care provided in the department is confirmed by a large number of prestigious certificates, for example, the certificate of the German Cancer Society and the European Cancer Society (Colon Cancer Center), the European Cancer Society (Colorectal Cancer Center), the German Society for General and Abdominal Surgery (Center of Competence for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Center of Competence for Hernia Repair), a certificate of the German Incontinence Society and others.
The service range of the department includes:
- Thyroid cancer
- Parathyroid cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Duodenal cancer
- Small intestine and rectal cancer
- Pancreas cancer
- Liver and biliary tract cancer (hepatobiliary surgery)
- Sarcomas (soft tissue tumors)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors
- Liver and lung metastases
- Other malignant diseases
Minimally invasive surgery
- Diaphragmatic hernia and gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Achalasia cardia
- Biliary tract stones and gallbladder inflammation (cholecystitis)
- Inguinal and umbilical hernias
- Incisional hernias
- Adrenal diseases
- Stomach tumors
- Spleen diseases
- Tumors and inflammatory diseases of the large intestine (for example, diverticulitis)
- Rectal tumors
- Rectal prolapse
- Lung metastases
- Other diseases
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Adrenal diseases
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Other pathologies
- Anal abscesses
- Anal fissures and fistulae
- Anal cancer
- Residual hemorrhoidal skin tags
- Anal tumors
- Ulcerative colitis
- Hemorrhoids (classical and minimally invasive methods)
- Rectal cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Other diseases
- Since 1 July 2012, Chief Physician of the Department of Abdominal, Minimally Invasive and Cancer Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 1 April 2005, Chief Physician of the Department of General, Abdominal and Trauma Surgery at the St. Vincent’s Hospital Duesseldorf.
- Since 1 February 2004, Head of the Department of Surgery in the Interdisciplinary Abdominal Surgery Center at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 1 June 2003, Senior Physician of the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital of the Ruhr University in Bochum, Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 1 September 1999, Senior Physician of the Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 2 June 1994, Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
- Since 2 December 1992, Intern in the Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Marien Hospital Düsseldorf
Department of Abdominal, Minimally Invasive and Cancer Surgery.
Academic Hospital Marien Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.