Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (113851)
Specialized in: vascular surgery, general surgery
About the department
The department of vascular and endovascular surgery treats patients with arterial and venous diseases. Apart from operational and interventional procedures in the carotid artery and the arteries, operations on the aorta, are carried out in case of closures and aneurysms in the chest and abdominal cavity. The most advanced techniques and equipment makes a nuanced diagnosis possible. Together with other clinics, the department of vascular and endovascular surgery established an interdisciplinary vascular center.
- 1997 Doctoral Degree Title: "Digital signal processing of laser doppler fluxmetry signals to assess flux motion in patients with PAD"
- Since 1997 Head of the Wound care team and wound consultation hours at the Surgical Clinic Großhadern.
- 2008 - 2011 Acting Head, Department of Vascular Surgery. void line
- Since 2011 Professorship across all locations
- 2011 - 2013 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Vascular Surgery, Clinic of Surgery, Campus Großhadern, University of Munich
- 2013: Habilitation Subject: "Development and establishment of endoscopically assisted vacuum therapy for treatment of anastomotic leakages"
- Since 2013 Head, Department of Vascular Surgery at the Hospital Neuperlach.
- Board certification in Vascular Surgery
- Board certification in Surgery
- Emergency medicine
Completed Courses & Personal Certifications
- Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery (FEBVS), European Society for Vascular Surgery
- Endovascular Surgeon valid until: 01/2026, Private academy of the Deutschen Society for Vascular Surgery and Vascular Medicine
- Endovascular Specialist valid until: 01/2026, Private academy of the Deutschen Society for Vascular Surgery and Vascular Medicine
- Aorta - main artery
- carotis - carotid artery
- PAOD - peripheral circulatory disorders - intermittent claudication
- Vascular access surgery - Dialysis access surgery
- Vein Diseases - Varicose Veins - Thrombosis
- Chronic wounds - poorly healing wounds
- Research interests
- Planning of aortic stents
- Modern techniques for wound therapy
- Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH)
- German Society for Endoscopy and Imaging Techniques (DGE-BV)
- German Society of Vascular Surgery and Vascular Medicine (DGG)
- European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS)
- Video Film Award of the German Society of Surgery
- Innovation Award of the CAES of the German Society of Surgery
- Rudolf Schindler Prize of the Society for Endoscopy and Imaging Techniques
- Richard Merten Award for Quality Assurance in Health Care
- Dr. Hermann Imbach Research Award
- René von Dongen Poster Prize of the German Society of Vascular Surgery
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home