Inguinal hernia closure with endoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal plastic repair (program ID: 686897)
Hospital Schwabing Munich
Marco RudolphSpecialized in: abdominal surgery, thoracic surgery, gastroenterology
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Gastroenterology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- preoperative care
- endoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- nutrition recommendations
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- US scan (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Abdominal Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Gastroenterology at the Hospital Schwabing Munich provides both diagnostics and treatment of the full range of abdominal diseases. In addition, the department's doctors admit patients with thoracic diseases. The department's therapeutic options include conservative treatment methods, interventional procedures and surgical interventions. Most operations are performed using minimally invasive surgical techniques, so postoperative recovery takes place as soon as possible. In addition, such operations allow the doctors to minimize pain after surgical treatment. The department is distinguished by its particular competence in hernia repair and has a quality certificate from the German Hernia Society. One of the most important focuses of the department's work is also the treatment of abdominal and thoracic cancers. Medical care is provided in accordance with current clinical protocols. The department is headed by Dr. med. Marco Rudolph.
The department's doctors are especially interested in the treatment of patients with benign and inflammatory diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, biliary tract, pancreas and intestines. In addition, the department's medical team specializes in the treatment of cancers of the above mentioned organs. If surgery is required, preference is always given to sparing minimally invasive surgical techniques. WHen performing such operations, the surgeon makes only a few small skin incisions with a size of 0.5-1.5 cm, which contributes to the accelerated healing of postoperative wounds, ensures minimal blood loss and excellent aesthetic results. In some cases, the department's doctors carry out endoscopic therapeutic procedures, for example, remove polyps in the stomach and intestines, as well as remove small benign gastrointestinal tumors. Prior to selecting a particular treatment method, the specialists accurately study the patient's medical history and conduct comprehensive diagnostics, the results of which play a decisive role in choosing therapeutic tactics. If digestive cancer is detected, the optimal treatment regimen is developed in cooperation with oncologists, radiologists, radiation therapists and other experts in related fields. The competence of the department's surgeons includes surgical resection of malignant tumors, while chemotherapy and radiation therapy are carried out within the specialized departments.
It should be noted that the department has excellent equipment for endoscopic diagnostics and therapeutic endoscopic procedures. Endoscopic examinations and therapeutic procedures are indicated for patients with diseases of the esophagus, stomach, gallbladder, pancreas, etc.
The patients with benign and malignant diseases of the lungs and other thoracic organs can undergo sparing surgical treatment using an innovative surgical technique, which is the standard in hospitals in countries with developed medicine. The department's surgeons successfully perform video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) to remove benign and malignant neoplasms of the lungs, thoracic wall, mediastinal organs, diaphragm, as well as lung metastases. The department's doctors also specialize in the emergency surgical treatment of these diseases.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of benign and inflammatory diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, biliary tract, pancreas and intestines
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of malignant diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, biliary tract, pancreas and intestines
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of hernias
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of rectal diseases
- Anal fistulas
- Diverticular disease
- Colon cancer
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of diseases of the lungs and other thoracic organs
- Benign and malignant neoplasms of the lungs, thoracic wall, mediastinal organs, diaphragm
- Lung metastases
- Pulmonary emphysema
- Diagnostics, conservative, endoscopic and surgical treatment of gallstone disease
- Endoscopic diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal pathologies
- Other services
Higher Education and Professional Career
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg and University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa.
- 1996 - 1998 Work at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- 1998 - 2003 Work at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 2003 Head of the Department of Abdominal Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Gastroenterology at the Hospital Schwabing Munich, as well as of the department of the same name at the Hospital Bogenhausen Munich.
- Board certification in General Surgery.
- Board certification in Abdominal Surgery.
- Board certification in Thoracic Surgery.
- Board certification in Vascular Surgery.
- Minimally invasive abdominal surgery.
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- German Society of Thoracic Surgery (DGT).
Photo of the doctor: (с) München Klinik Schwabing
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Inguinal hernia closure with endoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal plastic repair
- Hospital: Hospital Schwabing Munich
There are 50 inguinal hernia treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics