Academic Hospital zum Heiligen Geist Frankfurt am Main
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery (47)
Specialized in: orthopedics, vascular surgery, surgery
About the department
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist in Frankfurt am Main under the direction of Dr. med. Eun-Young Cho treats a wide array of surgical diseases in the field of general and abdominal surgery. A special focus is placed on hernia repair and coloproctology. The Department has the best diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities, including the most advanced treatments.
The main focuses of general surgery at the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist include thyroid diseases (goiter), gallbladder diseases (gallstones, inflammation), diseases of the caecum (appendicitis), soft tissue disorders (inflammations, swellings, abscesses), rectal disorders (proctology), diseases of the thorax and lungs (suppuration, collapsed lung).
Abdominal surgery at the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist deals with the surgical treatment of the internals, especially malignancies of the gastrointestinal tract and other internal organs. The tasks of abdominal surgery also include more severe diseases of general surgery.
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery under the direction of Dr. med. Eun-Young Cho treats the following diseases in the field of abdominal surgery:
- Thyroid cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Colon cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Benign diseases of the large intestine (narrowing, inflammation, diverticulum)
- Reflux disease ("heartburn")
- Pancreatic diseases
- Diseases of the esophagus
- Abdominal trauma after accidents
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery performs all surgical procedures as sparing and safe as possible. In addition, there is usually used minimally invasive surgery: special instruments help to avoid large incisions. The patients can receive the following advantages: less wound pain, rapid restoration of motor skills, as well as a very fast postoperative recovery.
Today many surgical procedures are performed exclusively with the use of minimally invasive surgery:
- Removal of the gallbladder
- Removal of the cecum
- Surgery to treat heartburn (fundoplication)
- Removal of the colon in diverticulum
- Spleen removal in certain blood disorders
- Removal of the adrenal gland
- Inguinal hernia repair (TEP, TAPP)
- Abdominal wall hernias (IPOM)
Coloproctology is part of abdominal surgery and is primarily concerned with diseases of the colon and rectum. These include:
- Pelvic floor surgery
- Incontinence surgery with SNS (sacral nerve stimulation)
- Surgery for defecation disorders
- Minimally invasive hemorrhoid surgery
- Surgery for anal fissures / fistulas
- Minimally invasive and conventional surgery for rectal prolapse
- Pilonidal cyst surgery
Another focus of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist in Frankfurt am Main is surgical treatment of abdominal wall and inguinal hernias:
- Inguinal hernias
- Large abdominal wall hernias, especially after previous surgery (inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hospital zum Heiligen Geist
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery.
Academic Hospital zum Heiligen Geist Frankfurt am Main:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.