Academic Hospital zum Heiligen Geist Frankfurt am Main
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (48)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the department
The Hospital zum Heiligen Geist in Frankfurt am Main with its Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics offers patients the best diagnostic and therapeutic options involving the use the cutting-edge methods. The Department, led by Dr. med. Egon Lieb, specializes in the treatment of gynecologic cancers, special gynecological surgery and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
The Department has two main focuses: gynecology and obstetrics. The most common gynecological diseases are breast cancer and diseases of the female genital organs. The Department specializes in the surgical treatment and chemotherapy for breast cancer. The Hospital zum Heiligen Geist in Frankfurt am Main performs different plastic surgeries, including breast augmentation, reduction and reconstruction after cancer and trauma. The range of services is completed by the surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the female genitals, endoscopic surgical treatment, laparoscopy, as well as outpatient operations under general and local anesthesia.
In the field of cancer treatment, the Department under the direction of Dr. med. Egon Lieb offers surgical treatment and chemotherapy for the following conditions:
- Breast diseases in women
- Differential diagnosis of benign and malignant breast diseases
- A thorough medical history and examinations of the breast, lymphatic outflow tract, evaluation of the breast skin and shape
- Ultrasound examinations and mammography
- Histological studies
- 75% of breast malignancies can be treated using breast-conserving surgery
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes for their diagnosis
- If it is impossible to perform a breast-conserving surgery, the doctor agrees with you the best method for breast reconstruction
- Diseases of the female genital organs
- Surgical treatment of both benign and malignant diseases of the female genital organs at the highest level
- Vaginal reconstruction surgery after radical cancer surgery
- Interdisciplinary cancer care provided in the Departments of Anesthesiology, Surgical Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, Oncology Outpatient Clinic, and psycho-oncological support (Department of Psychosomatics)
- Complaints of prolapse and urinary incontinence
In the field of obstetrics, the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist in Frankfurt am Main offers all common types of delivery, support during the postpartum period and breast feeding. In addition, there is a wide choice of courses that cover all aspects related to childbirth.
- Seit 2004 Chefarzt der Frauenklinik am Hospital zum heiligen Geist Frankfurt
- 1997-2004 Leitender Oberarzt und Vertreter des Chefarztes perinatologisches und onkologisches Zentrum, Klinikum Offenbach Maximalversorgung
- 1992-1997 Oberarzt perinatologisches und onkologisches Zentrum, Klinikum Offenbach Maximalversorgung
- 1990-1992 Einsatz in Oberarztfunktion, DKH Langen
- 1984-1990 Assistenzarzt in Weiterbildung zum Frauenarzt DKH Langen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Academic Hospital zum Heiligen Geist Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home