Academic Municipal Hospital Karlsruhe
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology (590810)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology at the Academic Municipal Hospital Karlsruhe offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract, pancreas, as well as all types of diabetes mellitus, including its complications. Particular attention in the treatment of diabetes complications is paid to the treatment of diabetic foot (certificated as a recognized Diabetic Foot Center). As one of the largest specialized medical facilities in the treatment of gastroenterological diseases in Baden-Württemberg, the department guarantees optimal treatment of not only general, but also extremely rare pathologies in this spectrum. The close cooperation with experts in specialized disciplines plays the decisive role in the department's successful clinical practice.
The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Liebwin Gossner. According to the Focus magazine, the doctor ranks among the top German specialists in the field of gastroscopy!
In the field of gastroenterology, the department offers the very latest endoscopic examinations, which help to detect various pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. It is worth noting that the department is part of a certified interdisciplinary Bowel Disease Center (certification of the German Cancer Society). Thus, it provides an optimal and structured treatment of intestinal pathologies. The priority is given to the diagnostics, prevention and treatment of bowel cancer.
The department's diabetologists specialize in the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Each clinical case is considered individually, after which the therapy is adapted to the needs of a particular patient. The medical facility is certified as a Training Center for Diabetes Patients (German Diabetes Association). The department's tasks also include the treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus. The comprehensive nutrition counseling is provided here as well.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of esophageal diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of stomach and intestinal diseases, including polyps and tumors at the initial stages
- Interdisciplinary diagnostics and treatment of tumors at the Bowel Disease Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of liver diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of biliary tract diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of pancreatic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of all types of diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetic foot
- Diagnostics and treatment of heartburn, indigestion, complex cases of constipation and chronic diarrhea
- Nutrition counseling
- Diagnostics and treatment of liver diseases due to alcohol abuse
- Full range of endoscopic examinations
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- Functional diagnostics of the gastrointestinal tract
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Städtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology.
Academic Municipal Hospital Karlsruhe:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.