Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
Department of Gastroenterology, Hematology, Onkology, Cardiology, Pulmology, Sport Medicine (164)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hematology, onkology, cardiology, pulmology, sport medicine
About the department
The main treatment areas of focus for the Department of Internal Medicine I, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, are invasive and non-invasive cardiac diagnostics and therapy of all cardiac diseases. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Internal Medicine I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases! Thanks to numerous improvements in catheter technology, today it is possible to remove a stenosis of the coronary vessel, thus avoiding bypass surgery, which would otherwise be necessary.
The Department of Internal Medicine I, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, has all the necessary, most modern technology, including two left-catheter measuring stations with digital image processing and archiving feature. Also, examinations using cardiac CT and cardiac MR (cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging) provides the option of non-invasive imaging of the heart.
Further focal areas in the Department of Internal Medicine I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen are the treatment of gastroenterological and hemato-oncological diseases. Comprehensive diagnostics and therapy including interventional endoscopic tumor therapy methods are also offered.
The Department of Internal Medicine I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, covers the following range of services:
- Invasive and non-invasive cardiological diagnostics and therapy including intervention cardiology and cardiological electrophysiology (two left-catheter measuring stations, intravascular ultrasound, rotablation, cardiac MR, electrophysiological measuring station, CARTO 3 System, CARTOSound, intracardiac ultrasound)
- Gastroenterology: gastroenterological diagnostics and therapy including diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Interventional therapy of early-stage carcinoma, e.g. Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR); endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
- Radio frequency ablation of Barrett's epithelium
- Capsule endoscopy
- Double-balloon enteroscopy
- Maintenance of the ESD-registry for the therapy of gastrointestinal early-stage carcinoma (www.esd-register.de)
- Outpatient treatment of Crohn’s disease and colitis ulcerosa
- Internistic oncology and hematology: outpatient and inpatient diagnostics and therapy of tumor diseases incl. nutrition counselling and pain treatment
- Diagnosis and therapy of pulmonary diseases including special lung function tests, bronchoscopy, drainage treatment
- Internistic emergency care
- Internistic intensive medicine
- Preventative care:
- check-up for managers
- check-up for women (in collaboration with the gynecological clinic)
- Outpatient oncological rehabilitation
Department of Gastroenterology, Hematology, Onkology, Cardiology, Pulmology, Sport Medicine.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home