Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
Department of Neurology (166)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The focal areas of the Department of Neurology with the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Berlit, are the treatment and therapy of acute strokes, the care of patients with neuroimmunology diseases (especially with multiple sclerosis), the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral-neurological diseases (especially inflammatory polyneuropathies such as GBS and CIDP) as well as of the neuro-autonomic function diagnostics.
Another area of focus is the diagnosis of obscure causes of strokes in younger patients. The department possesses special experience in the diagnosis of cerebral vasculitides and non-inflammatory cerebral vasopathies (moyamoya disease, Sneddon’s syndrome) and their differential diagnoses (reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome). The department also has vast experience in the treatment for epilepsy and Parkinson’s syndrome.
The Department of Neurology with the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Berlit, offers the following range of services for treating:
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Diagnosis and therapy of strokes (Certified Stroke Unit)
- Brain and the spinal marrow diseases, in particular inflammations in the area of the brain, cerebral membranes and cerebral vessels as well as brain tumors
- Recognised MS Center of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, DMSG
- Parkinson’s syndrome: medication and invasive treatments
- Epilepsy – seizure disorders
- Drop attacks and unconscious states with obscure causes – syncope diagnosis with the tilt table
- Diagnosis and therapy of diseases of peripheral nerves (polyneuropathies)
- Treatment of the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other motor disorders
- Physical therapy
- Outpatient neurological rehabilitation
- Management of the interdisciplinary Neuro Centre
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Neurology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease!
Department of Neurology.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home