Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology (169)
Specialized in: radiology, neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology is a central department in the Alfried Krupp Hospital. The Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. René Chapot, has a large quantity of modern equipment to ensure fast and safer diagnostics to help with the therapy of all different types of illnesses. The department, which covers radiology and neuroradiology, comprises of the entire range of conventional X-ray diagnostics including mammography and the modern sectional imaging techniques of computer-assisted tomography (CAT) and magnetic resonance tomography. In the field of diagnostics, special emphasis is paid on MRI of the heart (cardiac MRI) and of the various joints, e.g. the knee or the shoulder (MRI arthrography).
In addition, all invasive-diagnostic measures such as angiography, myelography , or the CAT- and ultrasound-guided collection of tissue samples are standard procedures performed here. The main focus of the Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. René Chapot, is on interventional radiological/ neuroradiological therapy, forms a separate department with its own bedding.
The various intracranial and intraspinal vascular diseases, e.g. arteriovenous malformations (AVM) or intracranial aneurysms (vasodilations) and vascular stenosis, have been treated frequently and successfully in the Department of Neuroradiology for many years. The range of treatment also includes superficial vascular malformation, acute strokes and vertebroplasty.
Another focal point of the Department of Radiology is the treatment of patients with various pulmonary vascular diseases, e.g. hemoptysis (coughing up blood) or congenital vascular malformations (Osler's disease).
The Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. René Chapot, offers the following range of services:
- Diagnostic radiology and neuroradiology: all imaging procedures including CT, MRT, angiography, projection radiology, myelography and mammography
- Endovascular treatment of brain aneurysms, cerebral and spinal vascular malformation, e.g. arteriovenous malformation and dural fistulas
- Removal of stenosis from the brain-supplying arteries (stent implantation and angioplasties)
- Brain vessel recanalization
- Interventional treatment of soft tissue angiomas
- Interventional treatment of pulmonary vessel diseases and malformations
- Image-guided punctures of masses and periarticular therapy
- Angioplasty (PTA): renal arteries, pelvis-leg arteries.
Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home