Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics (157)
Specialized in: traumatology, orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele has about 74 beds. Annually, there are treated about 2000 patients. The Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics, headed by Prof. M.D. Sven Lendemans, receives the patients with acute and post-traumatic degenerative alternations of all motor organs. The Department provides both surgical and conservative treatment.
Firstly, the Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Prof. M.D. Sven Lendemans, specializes in the emergency treatment of traumatic and sports injuries. Secondly, the Department offers surgical treatment of arthrosis of all joints as well as the prosthesis of all large joints under the guidance of the computer navigation system. Moreover, the Department offers both conservative and surgical treatment for the patients with degenerative disc diseases.
The range of the provided services of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedics of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele includes:
- The whole range of services in the field of traumatology along with the emergency and shock prevention
- Traumatology Center DGU certified in accordance with the
- recommendations of the German Traumatology Society and the directions of TraumaNetzwerk DGU specializing in the treatment of severe injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery of all large joints (minimally-invasive technique on all large joints)
- replacement of all large joints with the use of the computer navigation system
- Shoulder surgery
- Surgical treatment of arthrosis (arthroscopy, corrective osteotomy, plastic surgery of ligaments etc.)
- Cartilage surgery, bone and cartilage transplantation
- Surgical and conservative orthopaedic treatment of spine (with the use of minimally-invasive methods)
- Sports medicine
Photo of the doctor: (c) Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus
Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.