Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul
Department of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine (609529)
Specialized in: plastic surgery and aesthetic medicine
About the Department of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine at Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul
The Department of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine at the Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul offers the full service range in its field of specialization. The department performs both reconstructive interventions for correction of defects in appearance according to clinical indications (for example, after accidents, removal of tumors, in case of congenital anomalies), as well as aesthetic plastic surgeries for correction of certain area of the face or body according to the wishes of the patient. More than 250 surgical interventions are performed in the department annually. The therapeutic options are complemented by a wide range of innovative cosmetic rejuvenating and toning procedures, which do not require the use of a scalpel.
The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Gamze Bektas. The specialist has over 15 years of clinical experience and is widely known in professional circles both in Turkey and abroad. The high professionalism of Dr. Bektas is marked by the certificates of the Turkish and European Boards of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Surgical interventions for correction of appearance defects are carried out using the most advanced technologies. In most cases, local anesthesia or sparing general anesthesia is used, after which patients recover quickly. The minimally invasive techniques used by the department's specialists are characterized by low injury rate, which makes it possible to shorten the period of postoperative rehabilitation and reduce the risk of complications. More than 250 surgical interventions are performed in the department annually.
It is also important that the department practices an individual approach to each patient. During consultations, the plastic surgeon listens carefully to the patient's wishes, and after a comprehensive diagnostics and study of the anamnesis, he elaborates the optimal treatment regimen for achievement of the most aesthetic and natural result. If necessary, modern computer modelling systems are used here, as they allow the patient to see the expected result of the intervention even before it is performed. In some cases, when the patient sees the final result, for example, with a new shape of the nose, he realizes that he does not like it. In such case, the surgeon gives his recommendations and models a new image that satisfies the patient.
The department's surgical service range includes:
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Facial interventions
- Face and neck lift
- Correction of facial scars
- Lipofilling (for example, in the cheeks, around the eyes)
- Body interventions
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Brachioplasty (hand skin tightening)
- Thigh lift
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Treatment of gynecomastia in men
- Revision of scars on the body
- Female intimate plastic surgery (labiaplasty)
- Facial interventions
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy
- Cleft lip and palate repair surgery
- Treatment of skin cancer and correction of the consequences of surgery
- Vaginoplasty (vaginal plastic surgery) is performed in the case of congenital absence of the vagina or in the case if gender reassignment
- Aesthetic medicine
- Botox, hyaluronic acid and injections of other fillers for the treatment of facial wrinkles
- Injections of fillers for augmentation of lips, cheeks, chin, etc.
- Lipolysis (method for modeling the body and face, involving the destruction of fat cells and their subsequent removal from the body through the lymphatic system)
- Cosmetic facial procedures using innovative vacuum device, aloe vera masks made from whole leaves and OxyGeneo device
- Hardware Dermapen mesotherapy for face, neck and decollete skin rejuvenation
- Stem cell and fibroblast procedures for skin rejuvenation
- PRP therapy
- Laser removal of unwanted hair
- Radio-frequency lifting with the Fractora technique
- Skin tightening with high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Gamze Bektas
- 1998 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Turkey.
- 2004 - 2005 Professional training, Department of Pediatric Surgery, İzmir Tepecik Research Clinic, İzmir, Turkey.
- 2005 - 2012 Work in the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the Akdeniz University Hospital, Antalya, Turkey.
- 2012 - 2013 Work in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Bitlis Tatvan State Hospital, Turkey.
- 2013 - 2016 Scholarship, Prof. Ömer Özkan Clinic, member of the team, which performed first in Turkey simultaneous hand and face transplantation and the first in the world uterine transplantation, Antalya, Turkey.
- 2015 Foundation of the Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Turkish Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Certificate of Competence in the use of animal models in research activities (Category B).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Turkish Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Society for Stem Cell Therapy.
Awards and Honors
- September 2011 Award for the best oral presentation of the results of the research "Reconstruction of the lower lip with a functional flap of the thin thigh muscle", 33rd National Congress of the Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Izmir, Turkey.
- November 2015 Award for the best oral presentation of the results of the research "Vaginal reconstruction with modified transfer of the rectosigmoid colon", 37th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Ankara, Turkey.
- October 2017 Second place in the competition of specialists in plastic surgery for the research "Functional reconstruction of the lower lip with a free flap of the latissimus dorsi muscle without nerve coaptation", 39th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Antalya, Turkey.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Anka Klinik
Department of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine.
Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.