Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Gastroenterology (396623)
Specialized in: gastroenterology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology at the Asan Medical Center in Seoul treats all diseases of liver, pancreas and gastrointestinal tract. Patients are referred to specialized centers (e.g., Liver Center), in which they are provided with customized comprehensive treatment programs. Specialists of all related departments are involved in treatment planning and decision making including gastroenterology, surgery, radiology, oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and other. The department is headed by Dr. Kang-mo Kim.
Stomach cancer is treated within the Stomach Cancer Center. The center holds multidisciplinary meetings, where medical professionals discuss complicated cases and elaborate the most appropriate diagnosis and treatment methods for patients with stomach cancer and gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) and apply them to patients as quickly as possible.
The department has at its disposal all common treatment options: chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery including laparoscopic gastrectomy and endoscopic resection (EMR, ESD). Annually, the physicians of the Stomach Cancer Center implement more than 1,900 surgeries for stomach cancer, 100 surgeries for gastric subepithelial tumors and more than 1,500 endoscopic submucosal/mucosal dissections (ESD/EMR) on average.
The main treatment areas of the department:
- Stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Biliary tract and pancreatic cancer
- Liver transplantation
- Crohn’s disease
- Esophageal reflux disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Associate Professor in Gastroenterology, UUCM AMC.
- Assistant Professor in Gastroenterology, UUCM AMC.
- Entrustment doctor in Gastroenterology,UUCM AMC.
- Clinical fellowship in Gastroenterology, Seoul National University Hospital.
- Public Health Doctor.
- Residency in Gastroenterology, Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship in Seoul National University Hospital.
Department of Gastroenterology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home