Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Infectious Diseases (397879)
Specialized in: infectious diseases
About the department
The Department of Infectious Diseases at the Asan medical center involves the treatment of diseases resulting from microbial infections. The department deals with fever of unknown origin, septicemia, disease with palpable lymph nodes, diseases accompanied by diarrhea, digestive infections such as gastritis, cardiovascular, urogenital, skin and soft tissue, respiratory and osteoarticular infections, etc. The department is headed by Dr. Sang-oh Lee.
Apart from that, the department also specializes in treatment of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and associated various opportunistic infections, tsutsugamushi disease, epidemic hemorrhagic fever, local and imported malaria infections as well as diseases suspected of being infected during overseas travels.
The department handles bacterial and viral diseases including skin rash, herpes zoster, chickenpox, German measles, mumps, infectious mononucleosis, fungus diseases like candidiasis and aspergillosis, protozoan, as well as diseases caused by parasites, etc.
Besides, the department also offers counseling and treatment regarding side effects of various drugs including antibiotics, adult immunization, treatment of venereal diseases as well as infection prevention during travels (malaria and yellow fever).
The range of services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of microbial infections
- Treatment of venereal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and associated various opportunistic infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of viral diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of fungus diseases like candidiasis and aspergillosis, protozoan
- Diagnosis and treatment of caused by parasites
- Counseling and treatment regarding side effects of various drugs
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases suspected of being infected during overseas travels
- Adult immunization and infection prevention during travels
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Ulsan.
- Master of Science, University of Ulsan.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Hanyang University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Visiting Scientist, Mayo Clinic, MN, USA.
- Associate Professor in Department of Infectious Diseases, UUCM AMC.
- Assist Professor in Department of Infectious Diseases Kyung Hee University of Medicine.
- Assist Professor in Department of Infectious Diseases Gachon University of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Department of Infectious Diseases, UUCM AMC.
- Residency in internal Medicine, UUCM AMC.
- Internship in UUCM AMC.
Department of Infectious Diseases.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home