Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Nephrology (397880)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Medical Center Asan is the leader in the field of nephrology in Korea. The department has at its disposal all modern treatment methods of renal failure – from dialysis (the largest dialysis room in Korea) to kidney transplantation. The team of the department performed the largest number of kidney transplantations in Korea and is proud for almost a 100% success rate. Chief physician of the department is Dr. Soon-bae Kim, specialist in nephrology.
Dialysis represents one of the options in case of lost kidney functions caused by end-stage renal diseases. The department offers both hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, which are carried out by experienced and qualified specialists. All in all, 70 beds are available for carrying out hemodialysis.
In the area of kidney transplantation, the department delivers outstanding achievements with around 300 transplantations a year. In addition, the specialists of the department have already performed more than 400 ABO-incompatible kidney transplantations (data as of December, 2016), proving that the department shows continuous advancement in the field.
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Professor in UUCM AMC.
- Associate Professor in UUCM AMC.
- Assistant Professor in UUCM AMC.
- Clinical Instructor in UUCM AMC.
- Fellowship in University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center.
- Fellowship in Seoul National University Hospital.
- Residency in Seoul National University Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Nephrology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.