Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine (403255)
Specialized in: pulmonology, critical care medicine
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine at the Asan Medical Center provides treatment of all diseases of lungs and airways. The department specializes in care for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchial asthma, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary vascular disease, pulmonary infection, tuberculosis, lung cancer and also offers specialized treatment for respiratory organs such as endoscopic bronchial intervention. The department is headed by Dr. Youn-suck Koh.
The department is actively involved in the research of new treatment methods for respiratory failure, such as nitric oxide, heliox and liquid ventilation. The department is also proactive in the use of methods that include laser surgery on tumors that use bronchial endoscopy and bronchial interventions such as balloon treatment and bronchial stent insertion in conjunction with the Department of Radiology.
The department also operates a separate Tuberculosis Ward within its inpatient unit, and an Asthma Clinic, a Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic, an Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic and a Sleep Apnea Clinic within the outpatient unit.
The main areas of the department:
- Lung cancer (Asan Lung Cancer Center)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Bronchial asthma
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Pulmonary infection
- Sleep apnoe
- And other diseases of lungs and airways
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Hanyang.
- Master of Medicine, University of Hanyang.
- Bachelor of Medicine, University of Hanyang.
Major Professional Experiences
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor in Pulmonology, UUCM AMC.
- Clinical fellowship in in Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, UUCM AMC.
- Internship, Residency in Hanyang University Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.