Diagnostic tests for hypospadias (program ID: 272368)
Asklepios Municipal Hospital Bad Wildungen
Dimitrios SkambasSpecialized in: urology
Department of Urology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- urological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- clinical urine test
- biochemical blood analysis
- kidney function test
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators of blood coagulation
- pelvic ultrasound
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- consultation of the chief physician and all leading experts
- development of individual treatment plan
- written statement
- Medical records
- Penis photo
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Urology at the Asklepios Municipal Hospital Bad Wildungen offers the full range of advanced conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the urinary system (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) and male reproductive organs (prostate, testicles and penis). To detect urological diseases, the department uses such diagnostic tests as ultrasound scanning, digital radiography, cystoscopy, urodynamic testing, etc. The department's specialists have successful experience in endoscopic, laparoscopic and open surgical interventions of any complexity. The treatment regimen is developed for each patient individually, and, if possible, the doctors always give preference to sparing therapy. The department annually provides treatment to more than 2,100 patients, which demonstrates the high level of medical care and a high credit of patients' trust. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Dimitrios Skambas.
The department's primary specialization is the diagnostics and treatment of prostate, testicular, kidney and bladder malignancies. With all the diagnostic data, an interdisciplinary tumor board with the participation of urologists, oncologists, surgeons, radiation therapists, chemotherapists and other specialists studies the clinical case in detail and develops the optimal treatment regimen. During the diagnostic and therapeutic process, the doctors are guided by the recommendations of the European Association of Urology and the German Society of Urology. The treatment is mostly based on a surgical resection of a malignant tumor, which is complemented by highly effective chemotherapy. Depending on the complexity of the clinical case, chemotherapy can be carried out both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The department has a wide range of the very latest chemotherapy drugs, which provide excellent treatment results. The vast clinical experience of the department's doctors allows them to competently combine chemotherapy drugs, as well as to select the optimal dose of chemotherapy in order to maximally destruct malignant cells with minimal damage to the patient's health.
The department's urologists quite often admit patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. To establish an accurate diagnosis, the patient has to fill out a special questionnaire (international prostate symptom score (IPSS)) and undergo an ultrasound examination. In some cases, additional urodynamic examinations, cystoscopy and radiography may be required. At the initial stages of pathology, urologists prescribe only drug therapy aimed at the alleviation of symptoms. In the case of progression of the pathology, the patient requires surgery to remove prostate adenoma. The department offers two advanced surgical treatments – innovative GreenLight XPS™ laser therapy, bipolar and monopolar transurethral resection of prostate adenoma. In very rare cases, the patients with a very large prostate adenoma may be indicated open surgery.
The diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease is also an important focus of the department's clinical practice. The patients with suspected kidney stone disease may be appointed such diagnostic tests as X-ray, contrast-enhanced urography, computed tomography with and without contrast enhancement (in most cases, for renal colic). The department's specialists most often perform extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy and mini-percutaneous nephrolithotripsy for kidney stone fragmentation. The department also performs surgery to remove kidney and ureteral stones using special ultrasound systems, laser technologies and the Lithoclast instrument. The choice of the treatment method is based on the size and number of kidney and ureteral stones.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following urological diseases:
- Malignant diseases
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Urinary incontinence
- Kidney stone disease
- Urethral stenosis
- Vesicovaginal fistula
- Penile curvature and other penile malformations
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Other urological diseases
The department's therapeutic options include:
- Cancer treatment
- Surgical treatment
- Prostatectomy for prostate cancer
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumors, including all modern urinary diversion techniques
- Nephrectomy and renal artery embolization in the case of kidney cancer
- Testicular tumor removal
- Radiation therapy
- Surgical treatment
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment
- Drug therapy at the initial stages of the disease
- Innovative GreenLight XPS™ laser therapy
- Bipolar and monopolar transurethral resection of prostate adenoma
- Kidney stone disease treatment
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy and mini-percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Removal of kidney and ureteral stones using special ultrasound systems, laser technologies and the Lithoclast instrument
- Urinary incontinence treatment
- Drug therapy
- TVT and TVT-O sling procedures
- Sacral neuromodulation
- ATOMS-Band® and AMS 800™ artificial sphincter placement in men
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for urological diseases
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for urethral stenosis
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for ureteral stricture
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for vesicovaginal fistulas
- Plastic reconstructive surgery for penile curvature correction, Peyronie's disease treatment
- Other medical services
Higher Education and Professional Career
- 1999 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- 2006 Training for board certification, Department of Urology, St. Catherine Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- 2009 Senior Physician, Department of Urology, St. Catherine Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- 2011 Senior Physician with management responsibilities, Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology, Main-Kinzig Hospital Gelnhausen.
- Tumor drug therapy.
- X-ray diagnostics of the urinary tract.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology (FEBU).
- German Society of Urology (DGU).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- Greek-German Society of Urology (GDGU).
- Hellenic Urological Association (HUS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asklepios Kliniken GmbH
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnostic tests for hypospadias
- Hospital: Asklepios Municipal Hospital Bad Wildungen
There are 88 hypospadias diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics