Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery (534852)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric cardiology, cardiac surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery at Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Amos Katz.
The doctors of the department specialize in both conservative and surgical treatment methods. All operations are performed in advanced operating rooms, equipped with the computerized surgical systems, high-precision monitoring devices. The therapy concept is developed individually for each patient, taking into account his specific clinical indications and wishes.
Of particular interest to specialists of the department is the treatment of coronary heart disease. The department offers various effective therapeutic methods, which are selected depending on the stage of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient. The timely initiation of therapy plays a crucial role in the case of this pathology. It is possible to achieve good result with the help of conservative therapy (drug treatment, proper diet, moderate physical activities) in the case of early treatment. At the advanced stages of the pathology, the patient develops arterial stenosis and impaired blood circulation, which complicates the treatment process. In such cases, mechanical intervention is necessary.
The diagnostic options of the department:
- Electrophysiological examinations
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Holter monitoring
- Ergometry (stress test)
- Echocardiography in adults and children
- Fetal echocardiography for the early detection of fetal heart defects
- Stress echocardiography
- Cardiac imaging examinations (for example, cardiac computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging)
- Tilt test (passive orthostatic sample)
- Laboratory tests
- Comprehensive preoperative examination
- Special diagnostic program for the athletes
- Other diagnostic services
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of coronary heart disease (including the assessment of pathology risks)
- Coronary artery revascularization
- Endovascular treatment methods
- Balloon catheterization (percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty)
- Stent implantation (including implantation of drug-eluting stents, gradually releasing the drug)
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart valve diseases
- Aortic valve replacement
- Mitral valve replacement
- Comprehensive mitral valve correction
- Fibrous ring annuloplasty
- Implantation of the artificial support ring
- Valve flap resection
- Valve flap plastic surgery
- Pericardial valve flap plastic surgery
- Tendon chord plastic surgery
- Artificial chord implantation
- Papillary muscle resection
- Mechanical and biological valve prosthetic surgery
- Tricuspid valve surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias)
- Ablative procedures (including in children)
- Diagnostics and treatment of angina pectoris
- Diagnostics and treatment of carditis (for example, endocarditis, pericarditis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart failure
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Heart valve replacement or correction in the case of its lesion
- Surgical restoration of the left ventricle volume and shape
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Heart transplantation (for the patients with acute, progressive heart failure)
- Catheter procedures (for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes)
- Monitoring of the normal development of children (cardiac aspects)
- Implantation of pacemakers, defibrillators, event recorders
- Implantation of the capsule-stimulator MICRA (innovative technique) for the patients who need implantation a single-chamber pacemaker
- Medical care for emergency cardiac conditions (in heart attacks and preinfarction conditions)
- Prophylactic measures to prevent heart diseases
- Rehabilitation programs after surgery
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Amos Katz
- Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba.
- 2004 Second Academic Degree in Health System Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba.
- 1980 - 1981 Internship, Soroka Medical Center, Beersheba.
- 1983 - 1985 Internship in Internal Medicine, Soroka Medical Center, Beersheba.
- 1985 - 1988 Internship in Cardiology, Soroka Medical Center, Beersheba.
- 1989 - 1990 Internship in Cardiac Electrophysiology, St Vincent's Clinic, Indianapolis, USA.
- 1995 - 1996 Internship in Clinical Trials, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, USA.
- Head of the Department of Cardiology, Barzilai Medical Center.
- Professor of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba.
- Deputy Dean for Academic Development, Faculty of Medicine at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba.
- National Commission Member of the Israeli Ministry of Health on the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Member of the Medical Ethics Commission (Helsinki Commission), Barzilai Medical Center.
- He published 82 scientific articles in Israeli and foreign medical journals, made 149 reports at scientific conferences in Israel and abroad.
- Co-author of the chapter "Atrial fibrillation" in the Textbook of Cardiovascular Diseases (TopolEJ, 1998).
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.