Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Orthopedic Surgery (534861)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, orthopedic surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Orthopedic Surgery at Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Orthopedic Surgery at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of the diseases of musculoskeletal system, including sports injuries. One of the most important focuses of the department is joint replacement surgery. Thanks to the state-of-the-art medical equipment and competence of doctors, the department has gained an excellent reputation not only in Israel, but throughout the world.
The department is headed by the world-famous doctor Ilya Pekarsky. He is the Leading Spinal Surgeon and Orthopedic Surgeon in Israel, one of the most sought-after spinal surgeons in the world. Every year, he performs about 500 operations, thereby saving many human lives.
The department has successfully applied an innovative tendon fusion technique, which was developed in the USA. Such an procedure has several advantages over the traditional treatment method: it is less traumatic, the recovery period is shorter, and the cost of treatment is lower. In addition, thanks to the introduction of the Hydrocision technology, the department can offer spinal disc minimally invasive mechanical aspiration, which helps avoid damage to the surrounding tissues.
Special attention should be given to the treatment success of sports injuries. For example, the orthopedic surgeons of the department are world-famous for their success in the field of ligament rehabilitation surgeries. Depending on the indications, such operations are open or minimally invasive. Only two small incisions are made during the intervention, which contributes to the most rapid recovery of the patient.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal diseases
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty (in osteoporosis, compression fractures, hemangiomas, oncological lesions of the spine)
- Treatment of the spinal disc herniation
- Conservative therapy (painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, physiotherapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, Feldenkrais method, epidural injections)
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment
- Treatment of osteochondrosis
- Conservative therapy (drug treatment with nonsteroidal and analgesic drugs, physiotherapy, manual therapy, acupuncture, laser therapy, ultrasound therapy, hirudotherapy, exercise therapy)
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment
- Treatment of scoliosis in adults and children
- Conservative therapy (selection of an individual corset and its wearing mode, manual therapy, physiotherapy, massage, specialized therapeutic exercise)
- Surgical straightening of the spine (with the help of screw implantation into the vertebrae, which completely corrects the curvature)
- Diagnostics and treatment of shoulder diseases
- Innovative InSpace™ Balloon technique in chronic or severe rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder tendons fusion
- Surgical treatment of shoulder fractures
- Joint replacement surgery (the department's innovation is the implantation of an individually selected joint according to the Signature Knee computer imaging technology)
- Simultaneous replacement of two joints (the only department in Israel specializing in such operations)
- Hip, ankle, elbow, shoulder and wrist joint replacement (implantation of the endoprosthesis produced by the leading manufacturers in the USA and Switzerland according to the latest medical technologies)
- Surgical treatment of tennis elbow
- Surgical correction of axial disorders
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Ilya Pekarsky
- Second Moscow Medical Institute.
- Tel Aviv University.
- Internship in the hospitals of USA, Germany, Japan, England, France, Holland, Spain, Switzerland.
- Department of Orthopedics and Pediatric Surgery at the Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel.
- Department of Spinal Surgery, Assuta Hospital, Israel.
Awards and Achievements
- Best Spinal Surgeon in Israel (2008 - 2012).
Membership in Professional Societies
- Israeli Orthopedic Association.
- Israel Spine Society.
- European Spinal Surgery Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Orthopedic Surgery.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.