Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Plastic Surgery (534870)
Specialized in: plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic Surgery at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the full range of services in the field of correction of congenital and accident-related defects, aesthetic interventions to change the appearance. Also, the department practices unique complexes of effective rejuvenating cosmetic procedures. The specialists of the department have long won the worldwide recognition and authority not only in Israel, but also in foreign professional circles.
The department is headed by Dr. med. Michael Sсheflan, a leading plastic and reconstructive surgeon, one of the developers of implants for breast reconstruction after mastectomy, a pioneer in aesthetic plastic surgery and tissue reconstruction with the patient's own grafts.
The service range of the department includes:
- Correction of the skin damages due to burns
- Removal of moles, birthmarks, tattoos
- Scar revision
- Correction of posttraumatic injuries of any degree of severity
- Reconstruction of the mammary gland soft tissues after its removal (this procedure is unique in this kind and it is performed with the use of special biological grids)
- Surgical interventions of various degree of complexity to reshape breast in men in the case of gynecomastia
- Cellulite treatment (the very latest surgical techniques)
- The most effective types of facial, neck skin and muscle tightening
- Nose reshaping (aesthetic and therapeutic purposes)
- Surgical intervention to reshape auricles (for example, to correct everted ears )
- Plastic surgeries to reshape chin, face proportions
- Blepharoplasty (surgery to reshape the eyelids, eye shape)
- Labiaplasty (plastic surgery aimed at the elimination of defects in the intimate area, caused by the accidents and injuries)
- Surgical interventions to reshape breast in women (mammaplasty)
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation
- Reconstructive plastic surgery after mastectomy
- Other medical services
Education and Specialization
- Higher medical education, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- Internship in General Surgery at the Beth Israel Med. CTR, and the Albert Einstein Hospital, New York, USA.
- Internship in General Surgery at the Harvard University Health Services, Massachusetts, USA.
- Internship in Plastic Surgery at the Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, USA.
- Internship in Plastic Surgery in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, USA.
Clinical and Scientific Experience
- Active Member of the IPRAS educational programs.
- Invited Member and Speaker of the International and Israeli Conferences.
- Author of scientific articles and monographs.
- Editorial Board Member of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Laureate of Raymond Wilayn Prize (2001).
- Laureate of James Barret Brown Prize, the most prestigious award in American Plastic Surgery, for achievements in breast reconstruction.
Membership in Professional Associations
- Full Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Israeli Secretary of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- President of the Mediterranean Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (Tel Aviv, Israel).
- European Society of Plastic Surgery.
- International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Plastic Surgery.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.