Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery (534879)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oral, maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the full range of treatment of injuries, tumors of the bones and soft tissues of the facial skull. The department successfully performs the removal of skull tumors and unique restorative surgical interventions, which allow the patients to preserve speech and swallowing functions, eliminate cosmetic defects. Along with the usual surgery, radiosurgical techniques are applied as well. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Dan Fleece.
The very latest diagnostic equipment, state-of-art surgical instruments and materials allow the department's doctors to apply into practice the revolutionary methods of examination and treatment, achieving the impressive results even in the most complex medical issues.
The service range of the department includes:
- Treatment of traumatic hard and soft tissue injuries in the maxillofacial area due to accidents, burns, wounds, and correction of the face and skull postoperative deformities
- Correction of congenital anatomical jaw defects, especially cleft lip and palate in children
- Treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms in the oral cavity and neck, as well as the reconstructive procedures after their removal
- Surgical interventions on the salivary and lacrimal glands
- Removal of polyps and cysts in the maxillofacial area
- Bone transplantation
- Restoration of damaged facial nerve and mimic functions
- Chin reconstructive surgery
- Abnormal bite correction
- Other medical services
- Prof. Fleece received his Medical Education at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bologna (Italy).
- He had his internship at the Israeli Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba.
- Internship and first specialization in Otorhinolaryngology he received on the basis of the Israeli Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba.
- Specialization and internship in Neck and Head Cancer Surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital (Canada), Toronto.
- Specialization in basic issues of the neck and head vascular surgery, reconstructive operations in maxillofacial surgery at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, Canada), which operates at the University of Toronto.
- Internship and specialization in Surgical Treatment of Skull Base Pathology at the University of Bern (Switzerland).
- 1996 Professor at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Ben-Gurion University, Beersheba.
- 2003 Chairman of the Israeli Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and a member of leading professional organizations.
- 2005 Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Sackler Faculty of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University.
- 2011 Chairman of the Otolaryngology, Neck and Skull Base Surgery Medical Society at the Faculty of Medicine.
- Research Fellow at the Department of Otolaryngology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada.
Dr. Fleece is a recognized international specialist in complex endoscopic surgeries with the use of the very latest developments in head and neck surgery and maxillofacial surgery. Prof. Fleece is also the author of more than 180 scientific publications in the most prestigious international editions, the author of 5 books in head, neck and skull base oncosurgery and more than 50 chapters in popular medical textbooks, an active member in more than 250 scientific conferences.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.