Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Gynecology (534885)
Specialized in: gynecology
About the department
The Department of Gynecology at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the full range of services in the field of modern diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system. The specialists of the department use innovative sparing, organ-preserving and fertility-saving laparoscopic methods. Of particular interest is the treatment of gynecologic cancers. The department holds a leading position in this field at the international level. The department is headed by Dr. med. Jacob Cohen.
At the stage of the treatment concept selection, an individual approach is applied to each patient, taking into account the nature and course of the disease, general health, age and many other factors. Depending on the specific clinical indications, doctors prescribe conservative treatment (drug therapy, physiotherapy, psychological preparation, diet therapy) or surgical treatment (laparoscopy, robotic surgery, open interventions). The department is proud of the high treatment success rates and thousands of saved lives of its patients.
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- General and hormonal blood tests
- Serological tests to detect infections of the female reproductive system
- Genetic pathology testing
- Ultrasound examination of the uterus with a transvaginal and transabdominal sensor
- 3D echography
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- X-ray examinations
- Biopsy followed by histological examination
- Other diagnostic methods
The department specializes in the treatment of the following gynecologic pathologies:
- Inflammatory diseases
- Candidiasis (vaginal thrush)
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Vulvar condylomas
- Uterine, cervical and vaginal synechiae
- Cervical erosion
- Diseases caused by endocrine regulation disorders
- Vulvar kraurosis
- Dysfunctional uterine hemorrhages
- Uterine fibroids
- Premature ovarian failure
- Sclerocystic ovary syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Gynecologic cancers
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Uterine sarcoma
- Trophoblastic disease
- Vulvar cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Precancerous conditions
- Vulvar leukoplakia
- Cervical epithelial dysplasia
- Cervical leukoplakia
- Changes in the normal anatomical interposition of the female genital organs or their impaired development
- Cervical rupture
- Vaginal prolapse
- Uterine prolapse
- Double uterus
- Pathological conditions in pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Dropsy of pregnancy
- Nephropathy of pregnancy
- Amniotic fluid embolism
- Eclampsia in pregnant
- Other gynecologic diseases
- Higher Medical Education, graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- Internship in Endoscopy and Hysteroscopy in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Hospital Liss.
- Internship in Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecology, Royal Free Hospital, London.
- Internship in Laparoscopic Hysterectomy at the Hospital of Chicago and at the Hospital of San Francisco, USA.
Clinical and Scientific Experience
- In 2010, the doctor founded the Aya Medical Center of Advanced Technologies in Obstetrics and Gynecology together with Dr. med. D. Laxman.
- Head of the Outpatient Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Hospital Liss at the Ichilov Medical Center Tel Aviv.
- Consultant of the leading Israeli medical centers in Endoscopy, Hysteroscopy and the development of advanced technological devices.
- Member of international and Israeli conferences and symposia.
- Author of numerous scientific publications in Gynecology.
- Endoscopic surgery.
- Surgical gynecology.
- Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
- Fertility treatment.
Membership in Professional Associations
- Israeli Medical Association.
- Israel Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Israeli Fertility Association.
- American Society for Reproductive Immunology.
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Gynecology.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.