Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (534888)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv offers the widest range of diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures for restoring the health of the urogenital system in men of all age groups. The specialists of the department have extensive experience in performing complex and minimally invasive interventions using state-of-the-art technical equipment. There is also provided successful treatment of urological diseases that were previously considered incurable. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
Haim Matzkin. He a leading specialist in the world in the treatment of urological diseases, who has more than 30 years of clinical experience.
The specialists of the department have the very latest methods of surgical and rehabilitation procedures, thanks to which they help patients recover their health in a short time and quickly return to normal life. For example, with the appropriate indications, surgical treatment is performed with the use of an innovative DaVinci robotic system, which ensures high-precision surgical intervention.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following urological diseases:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Bladder diseases
- Kidney stone disease
- Urinary incontinence
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Bladder cancer
- Ureteral cancer
- Penile cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder exstrophy
- Chronic kidney failure
- Urethral cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Urethral diverticulum
- Urethral stricture
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Peyronie's disease
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
The service range of the department includes:
- Laser surgical techniques for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Laparoscopic surgery for the certain types of fertilization disorders treatment
- Implantation surgery (falloprosthetics)
- Reconstructive plastic surgery for urethral injuries
- Comprehensive treatment of urinary tract inflammatory diseases
- Remote or contact stone breaking for the treatment of kidney stone disease
- Modern surgical treatments of oncological diseases of the urinary system
- Endosurgical operations on the upper and lower urinary tract
- The most advanced treatment methods for patients with chronic kidney failure
- Conservative and minimally invasive treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and chronic prostatitis
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Fertility treatment
- Treatment of urination disorders, urinary incontinence, involuntary urination (TVT procedure)
- Treatment of a wide range of pediatric urologic diseases, including vesicoureteral reflux and hypospadias
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Removal of prostate neoplasms
- Orchiectomy (removal of the affected testicle)
- Lymphadenectomy (removal of affected lymph nodes)
- Other medical services
Education and Internships
- Higher medical education, Faculty of Medicine at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Internship in General Urology at the Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov).
- Internship in Urologic Oncology at the Medical Centers in Memphis and Miami, USA.
Clinical and Scientific Experience
- Professor, Department of Urology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Author and Participant of clinical trials in the field of hormonal treatment of prostate cancer in the advanced stages.
- Author and Participant of the research on cryotherapy and brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Author of numerous scientific articles and publications.
- Speaker and Participant of Israeli and international conferences.
Membership in Professional Associations
- Israeli Association of Urology.
- Israeli Medical Association.
- European Association of Urology.
- American Association of Urology.
- Board Member, Israeli Association for Cancer Prevention.
- Advisory Board Member, Israel Cancer Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.