Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv
Department of Gastroenterology (534891)
Specialized in: gastroenterology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of various diseases of the gastrointestinal organs. The doctors of the department work with the advanced diagnostic equipment, which allows to reveal all types of gastrointestinal pathologies at the early stages. The treatment program is selected on an individual basis, taking into account the specific indications, needs and wishes of the patient. The Chief Physician is Dr. med. Maor Lahav.
The department provides diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Heartburn (GERD)
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic gastritis
- Chronic duodenitis
- Reflux esophagitis (reflux disease)
- Chronic pancreatitis, other pancreatic diseases
- Gallbladder diseases
- Stomach and intestinal ulcer
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Syndromes of the operated stomach
- Liver diseases
- Barrett's esophagus
- Stomach cancer
- Liver cancer
- Colon and small intestine cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Benign liver tumors
- Pancreatic cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Other pathologies
The diagnostic range of the department includes:
- Gastroscopy (also with biopsy)
- Colonoscopy (also with biopsy)
- Esophagoscopy (also with biopsy)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Positron emission tomography (PET-CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Virtual colonoscopy
- Examination of the digestive tract sphincter
- Capsule endoscopy
- Helicobacter Pylori tests
- Functional diagnostics (for example, electrocardiography, dopplerography)
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Liver function tests
- Other diagnostic options
The therapeutic spectrum of the department includes:
- Stent implantation to restore the patency of the gastrointestinal tract
- Dilatation of esophageal stenosis
- Endoscopic polyp removal
- Removal of the biliary tract stones (laparoscopic techniques)
- Vagotomy (surgical technique to treat gastric ulcer)
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Open surgical interventions
- Endovascular interventions
- Endoscopic closure of the fistula between trachea and esophagus
- Multiple-organ surgery (performed simultaneously on several organs)
- Innovative Fast Track Rehabilitation Program to recover patients after operations on the gastrointestinal tract
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for the treatment of gastrointestinal malignant tumors
- Gamma Knife therapy
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Other treatment methods
Education and Clinical Experience
- 1995 Higher Medical Education at the CIS University.
- Internship in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Sheba Medical Center, Israel.
- Long Internship and Participation in International Researchers, Hospital at the University of Chicago, USA.
Dr. Maor Lahav is a leading Israeli gastroenterologist, a doctor with more than 21 years of experience. He is a world-class specialist in the field of accurate diagnostics and minimally invasive treatment of a wide range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, such as Crohn's disease, atrophic gastritis and many others.
The doctor removes tumors and stones using the most advanced methods, such as ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) or ESD (endoscopic submucosal dissection). He also extensively applies radiofrequency ablation (RFA) in the treatment of Barrett's esophagus, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) for the diagnostics of gastrointestinal tumors, double balloon endoscopy (DBE) for the diagnostics and treatment of small intestine and many other very latest techniques.
Thanks to his knowledge and experience, Dr. Lahav restores health of hundreds of patients annually.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Assuta Medical Centers
Department of Gastroenterology.
Assuta Hospital Tel Aviv:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.