Beta Klinik Bonn
Department of Surgery and Proctology (414200)
Specialized in: general surgery, proctology
About the department
The Department of Surgery and Proctology at the Beta Klinik offers surgical treatment of the abdominal organs, abdominal wall and thyroid gland (general and abdominal surgery), as well as diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the colon and rectum, conservative and surgical treatment of the pelvic floor organs in fecal incontinence, etc. (coloproctology). The department specializes in the treatment of hernias (for example, umbilical, inguinal, etc.), minimally invasive surgery on the gallbladder, cecum and thyroid. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Stefan Mühlbauer.
It should be noted that the competent specialists of the department have a unique experience in the diagnostics and conservative (non-surgical) treatment of diseases of the colon and rectum. In surgical treatment, preference is given to sparing and minimally invasive techniques, for example, laparoscopy, including in diseases of the small and large intestine. With appropriate clinical indications, it is possible to use a single-port surgical technique that provides an excellent cosmetic result. In this case, the intervention is performed through a small incision in the navel. Also, in the arsenal of the department’s medical team there are especially sparing methods for the treatment of bowel diseases, for example, hemorrhoidal disease.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
Diagnostic services and conservative therapy options
- Proctologic diagnostics
- Non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic constipation and incontinence
- Second opinion
- Patient counseling before abdominal interventions
- Other services
- Surgical hernia repair (inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, abdominal wall hernia and incisional hernia)
- Gallbladder and appendix removal (for example, with the use of SILS technique)
- Thyroid surgery
- Surgical treatment of haemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal abscesses and fistulae, minimally invasive and plastic treatment of coccyx fistulae (according to Bascom’s technique)
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory and oncologic diseases of the large and small intestine (for example, sigmoid diverticulitis), rectocele, internal and external rectal prolapse
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Port system implantation (for example, for chemotherapy)
- Other services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Beta Klinik Service-, Verwaltungs- und Forschungs- GmbH
Department of Surgery and Proctology.
Beta Klinik Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.