Buchinger Wilhelmi Lake Constance Clinic Überlingen
Department of Nutritional Medicine and Integrated Medicine (522806)
Specialized in: nutritional medicine, integrated medicine
About the department
The Department of Nutritional Medicine and Integrated Medicine at the Buchinger Wilhelmi am Bodensee Clinic offers the effective treatment based on the Buchinger fasting method. The department is headed by Dr. med. Eva Lischka, a highly competent doctor with long clinical experience.
Therapeutic fasting is prescribed individually, taking into account all the smallest details, in order to eliminate the feeling of strong hunger and ensure the optimal result. The diet mainly consists of foods rich in carbohydrates, for example, fruit juices, vegetables and vegetable broths (counting from 250 kcal per day) and, if needed, may be supplemented with protein in the form of dairy products and foods containing large amounts of vitamins. The basic therapeutic method is complemented by physiotherapy, massages, balneotherapy, herbal medicine, psychotherapy, methods of alternative medicine (homeopathy, Chinese medicine and Ayurveda), as well as psychosomatic forms of therapy. The treatment course in the department starts from two weeks. Three- or four-week treatment courses are also offered.
The therapeutic fasting according to Buchinger is not only in the rejection of certain foods. The method implies a complete lifestyle modification. The person changes his daily habits – refuses from excessive coffee drinking, smoking, alcohol and distracting influences, for example, from watching TV. Instead, the patient spends most of his time in nature, in solitude with himself. All this together activates the body's ability to self-healing. In addition, the therapeutic programs, offered in the department, contribute to a deeper awareness of the body, soul and spirit as a coherent whole, which helps to find the right way to personal development. Thus, patients are motivated to strive for greater balance, satisfaction and harmony.
The department offers a diet food based on the natural full-fledged cuisine from a low-calorie diet for the patients who cannot or do not want to starve. A special offer is the cooking courses in the training kitchen, where the patients are taught to cook healthy and tasty meals on their own.
A large highly professional team of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, psychotherapists, physiotherapy specialists and specialists who teach patients the healthy lifestyle and food culture takes care of the patients in the department. The department provides round the clock service.
The Buchinger method allows to achieve excellent results in the following diseases:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Coronary diseases
- Certain forms of heart failure
- Blood circulation disorders
- Venous insufficiency (also with the formation of leg ulcers)
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Degenerative osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis)
- Rheumatic soft tissue lesions, fibromyalgia
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Chronic bowel diseases
- Chronic constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Diseases of other organs of the gastrointestinal tract
- Metabolic disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid diseases
- Pain syndromes
- Secondary pain in diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- General pathological conditions
- Mental and physical exhaustion
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Diseases of the immune system
- Predisposition to infections
- Allergies (asthma, hay fever, urticaria)
- Skin diseases
- Prevention in the following pathological conditions
- High blood pressure
- Smoking related health problems
- Other diseases
The basic (two-week) treatment program consists of the following measures:
- Initial examination
- Development of an individual dietary and therapeutic plan
- 2 medical consultations
- 1 final examination
- Laboratory tests (biochemical profile, blood and urine tests)
- Buchinger program
- One individual consultation by a nutritionist
- Meals during the therapeutic fasting, (one fasting day and 3 days of restorative nutrition)
- Individually selected additional procedures (for example, massages, balneotherapy, psychotherapy, relaxation methods, yoga classes, physiotherapy, etc.)
Naturally, if the patient desires, the service package may be supplemented with the therapeutic procedures on his choice. The service package also includes accommodation in the room of a certain category. If the patient does not want to undergo the treatment course according to a fixed (two-, three-week) program, he can individually select the length of stay and therapeutic procedures (except for diagnostics).
Dr. med. Eva Lischka received her education in Biology and Chemistry, as well as studied Human Medicine in Munich. She is a Сhairwoman of the Medical Association for Fasting and Nutrition. Since 1984, she has been engaged in inpatient treatment of patients, who need medical fasting. She is also an Assistant Professor at the Therapeutic Fasting Academy.
- Spa medicine.
- Basic psychosomatic care.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Buchinger Wilhelmi Bodensee
Department of Nutritional Medicine and Integrated Medicine.
Buchinger Wilhelmi Lake Constance Clinic Überlingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.