Cancer Center Frankfurt am Main in cooperation with the Goethe University
Department of Hematology and Oncology (448610)
Kai Uwe Chow
Specialized in: hematology, oncology
About the department
The Department of Hematology and Oncology at the Cancer Center Frankfurt am Main in cooperation with the Goethe University offers diagnostics and treatment of blood and bone marrow diseases (for example, lymphocytic leukemia and myeloid leukemia), as well as systemic cancer treatment (for example, lymphomas, tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lungs and breast). Therapeutic options include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Kai Uwe Chow.
The Chief Physician of the department, Prof. Chow, has exceptional experience in the treatment of hematological and oncological diseases, regularly participates in various specialized research projects and conferences. The goal of the department is to develop an optimal treatment regimen for each patient based on the latest medical achievements.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Blood and bone marrow disease
- Chronic leukemia
- Plasmacytoma and multiple myeloma
- Malignant lymphomas (Hodgkin's lymphoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma)
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Urothelial cancer
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Breast cancer
- And other hematologic and oncological diseases
- PhD thesis defense and obtaining the title of Doctor of Medicine.
- 01/1996 Doctor trainee in the hospital at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Center for Internal Medicine, Hematology, Oncology.
- 07/1997 Admission to medical practice.
- 07/1997 Scientific Assistant Physician at the hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Center for Internal Medicine, Hematology, Oncology.
- 07/2002 Therapist.
- 04/2003 Head of the Hematology and Immunology Laboratory.
- 11/2003 Doctoral dissertation defense, obtaining PD title and venia legendi in Internal Medicine.
- 01/2004 Specialization in Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 01/2004 Senior Physician, Hematology and Oncology.
- 10/2004 Examination of the European Society of Medical Oncology.
- 10/2004 Clinical activities at the Medical Center (MVZ), interdisciplinary specialized Sachsenhausen Center (IFS), Frankfurt.
- 05/2006 Co-founder of the Cancer Center Frankfurt am Main in cooperation with the Goethe University.
- 01/2008 Board Member of the Cancer Center Rhein-Main.
- 04/2008 Right to provide advanced training for doctors issued by the Medical Association of the Federal State of Hesse, Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 11/2008 Awarded the title of a Visiting Professor.
- 12/09 Co-founder and Chairman of the Board of the Frankfurt Foundation for Cancer Control.
Memberships in the Professional Societies
- 2002 German Society of Hematology and Oncology.
- 2004 European Society of Medical Oncology.
- 2004 South German Group on Hemoblastosis.
- 2004 Private practitioners specializing in Internal Oncology (NIO Hessen e.V.).
- 2007 Cancer Center Rhein-Main.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Ambulante Krebszentrum Schaubstraße (AKS)
Department of Hematology and Oncology.
Cancer Center Frankfurt am Main in cooperation with the Goethe University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.