Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur
Department of Spinal Surgery (588522)
Specialized in: spinal surgery
About the department
The Department of Spinal Surgery at the Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur offers the full range of special and general spinal surgeries, all stabilizing and reconstructive interventions, including microsurgery and spinal cord surgery. The department is certified by the German Spine Society as a specialized Level II Center. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Francis Kilian.
The department's surgeons have a perfect command of all surgical techniques and widely apply in their practice sparing minimally invasive interventions, which are distinguished by minimal pain, low risk of complications and rapid recovery of the patient. The department treats about 1,300 patients every year. To achieve the best results, surgeons cooperate closely with physiotherapists. Thus, the department has all conditions for the most effective restoration of the patient's mobility.
Spinal surgery is required in the following diseases and conditions:
- Pathological changes in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine associated with the degeneration of intervertebral discs
- Spinal instability in intervertebral disc degeneration, post nucleotomy syndrome after spinal fractures
- Impaired development of the spine, for example, spondylolisthesis
- Spinal instability caused by inflammatory processes
- Spinal instability after previous surgery, for example, laminectomy
- Congenital or acquired scoliosis
- Instability of all parts of the spine of rheumatic genesis
- Benign and malignant tumors of the axial skeleton, as well as of the nerve roots of all spinal cord segments
- Spinal malformations
- Other clinical indications
The diagnostic and therapeutic options of the department include:
- Diagnostic examinations
- Multifunctional X-ray examination
- Contrast-enhanced examinations: myelography, cervical and lumbar discography
- Ultrasound examinations
- CT and NMR spectroscopy (in collaboration with specialized institutes)
- Electromyography, electroencephalography, registration of evoked potentials (in collaboration with the Department of Neurology)
- X-ray-guided spinal injections (nerve root block, facet joint block, radiculography)
- Surgical treatment
- All minimally invasive and microsurgical operations, as well as sparing invasive surgical procedures using surgical microscope and endoscopic devices
- Conservative treatment
- Individually adapted multimodal physiotherapy (on an outpatient or inpatient basis)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Department of Spinal Surgery.
Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home