Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology (209)
Specialized in: orthopedics and traumatology
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of services for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The main focuses of the department’s work include the treatment of fractures of the limbs and spine, muscle, tendon tears, joint infections and oncopathology of the entire musculoskeletal system. The doctors of the department also specialize in effective physiotherapy to restore motor functions, in particular, after surgical treatment. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Philippe Neyret.
The department’s state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment for radiography, CT, MRI allows doctors to determine the location of the lesion and the number of pathological foci with the maximum accuracy, and then select the optimal course of treatment adapted to the individual needs and wishes of the patient. Whenever possible, the doctors are trying to find the optimal conservative treatment option, such as the treatment of fractures with a plaster or polymer cast, nerve root blocks, wearing of a special brace to stabilize the spine, manual therapy, physiotherapy, etc. However, in complex clinical situations, surgical treatment remains the only effective option. Most surgical interventions are minimally invasive, which contributes to the rapid restoration of the patient’s mobility. The advanced computerized systems and navigation systems are also widely used, especially in spinal surgery.
The service range of the department includes:
- Knee and hip replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic interventions
- Foot surgery
- Hallux valgus
- Heel spur
- Hollow foot
- Flat feet
- Degenerative changes in the ankle joint
- Ankle osteoarthritis
- Shoulder surgery
- Shoulder dislocation
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder ligament rupture
- Shoulder arthrosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Knee surgery
- Meniscus tear
- Cruciate ligament rupture
- Knee fractures
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Spinal surgery
- Herniated discs
- Spondylolisthesis (vertebral displacement)
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal instability
- Chronic back pain
- Conservative and surgical treatment of various injuries (for example, due to accidents, industrial injuries)
- Conservative and surgical treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms of the musculoskeletal system (including in hard-to-reach places)
- Nerve root blocks and injection therapy for chronic pain
- Conservative treatment methods (for example, manual therapy, physiotherapy, therapeutic exercise, massages, etc.)
- Other medical services
- 2014 Professor (1st class, D2 chevron).
- 2007 University Professor (1st class).
- 1996 Head of the Department at the Medical Center la Croix-Rousse.
- 1994 University Professor, Medical Practitioner.
- 1993 Habilitation, Research Program Manager.
- 1991 Practitioner at the University Hospital.
- 1988 - 1989 Higher education (Biological and Medical Engineering).
- 2012 University Professor in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, East Lyon.
- 2010 Head of the Department, Albert Trillat Center at the Croix-Rousse Clinic.
- 2007 University Professor (1st rank).
- 1997 University Professor in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, North Lyon.
- 1994 - 1997 University Professor in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, South Lyon.
- 1994 Practitioner and University Professor at the Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery.
- 1991 - 1994 Practitioner at the University Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (under the supervision of professors H. Dejour and J.P. Carret).
- 1991 University Hospital, Medical Practitioner at the Faculty of Medicine, South Lyon.
- 1988 - 1991 Head of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at the University Hospital, Lyon.
- 1987 - 1991 Assistant Physician at the Lyon Hospital, Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (under the supervision of professors H. Dejour and J.P. Carret).
- 1987 - 1988 Head of the Laboratory at the University Hospital.
- 1987 Surgeon, Lyon Hospital.
- 1986 Medal of Merit in Surgery of the Lyon Hospital.
- 1981 - 1986 Intern, Lyon Hospital.
- 1978 - 1981 Extern, Lyon Hospital (South Lyon).
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home