Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology (603883)
Specialized in: endocrinology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of services in these medical fields. It provides the accurate diagnostics and modern treatment of diseases of the endocrine glands, particularly, the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands, as well as diabetes mellitus and its complications. Medical care is provided by the highly qualified doctors, in accordance with the current recommendations of professional societies. The department is headed by Dr. med. Nathalie Rouiller.
The initial stage of treatment is the comprehensive diagnostics, including biochemical and hormone tests, ultrasound scanning, etc. With available diagnostic results, the patient will be prescribed a comprehensive treatment plan, taking into account the particular clinical indications. In the case of diabetes mellitus, great attention is paid to consultations on all issues related to this disease. The patients are provided with the necessary information on lifestyle modification to prevent the progression and development of diabetes complications.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus and its complications
- Insulin therapy
- Oral antihyperglycemic therapy
- Regular blood glucose monitoring
- Hyperthyroidism (thyroid hyperfunction)
- Hypothyroidism (thyroid hypofunction)
- Granulomatous and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Hypo- and hyperparathyroidism (parathyroid dysfunction)
- Diffuse goiter
- Nodular goiter
- Thyroid cancer
- Hypo- and hypercorticism (adrenal dysfunction)
- Disorders of calcium metabolism
- Other endocrine diseases
- Since 2018 Head of Private Practice specializing in Endocrinology and Diabetology at the University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2017 Head of the Department of Endocrinology at the University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2016 Assistant Physician, Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2015 - 2016 Assistant Physician, Department of Diabetology, University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2015 Chief Medical Consultant for Obesity, University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2014 - 2015 Assistant Physician, Section for Obesity, University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2013 - 2014 Head of the Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2011 - 2013 Assistant Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Lausanne.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2018 Board Certification in Endocrinology and Diabetology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2016 Doctoral thesis defense on the prevalence and determinants of incorrect perception of body weight among the urban population of Switzerland.
- 2013 Board certification in Internal Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2007 Doctoral Degree in Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.