Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (603886)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full service range in the field of prevention, diagnostics and treatment of diseases, injuries and malformations of the ear, nose, paranasal sinuses, as well as of the lacrimal ducts, oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, salivary glands, skull base, as well as other head and neck pathologies in patients of all age groups. The clinical practice involves the use of unique medical developments, cutting-edge technologies and drugs, as well as the most accurate clinical and laboratory tests. The surgical treatment is mostly performed using sparing laparoscopic techniques. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Thierry Dubois.
The priority focuses include organ-preserving surgery for tumor removal (laser therapy), ear microsurgery to improve hearing, including the placement of cochlear implants and implantable hearing aids (with follow-up monitoring and service), as well as functional endoscopic surgery to treat diseases of the nose and its sinuses. The treatment is provided on an interdisciplinary basis, with the involvement of the necessary specialists from related fields. In the course of surgical treatment, especially in the case of skull base surgery, the doctors use modern high-precision instruments and methods of computer-assisted surgical navigation.
The department's tasks also include the detection and treatment of hearing loss, speech disorders, and correction of congenital ear malformations. For this purpose, the department employs a specially trained team of pediatric otolaryngologists, who work for the benefit of young patients.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of hearing loss in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of frontal sinusitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillary sinusitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of tonsillitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of nasal polyps
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck cysts
- Diagnostics and treatment of recurrent ENT infections
- Diagnostics and treatment of snoring
- Diagnostics and treatment of vocal cord diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of salivary gland disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer (for example, head and neck tumors, laryngeal cancer, throat cancer, ear cancer)
- Tonsillectomy in adults and children
- Cochlear implantation and placement of hearing aids
- Other medical services
- Since 2012 Private Practice in Otolaryngology.
- From 1995 to 2011 Work in Private Practice in Otolaryngology in Geneva.
- From 1994 to 1995 Assistant Physician in the Department of Otolaryngology at the Cantonal Hospital Geneva.
- From 1993 to 1994 Assistant Physician in the Department of Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Lausanne.
- From 1991 to 1993 Assistant Physician in the Department of Otolaryngology at the Cantonal Hospital Geneva.
- From 1990 to 1991 Assistant Physician in the Departments of Surgery and Orthopedics, Hôpital de Riaz.
- 1990 Doctoral Degree in Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.